Black Screen

Treycee Melody

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I downloaded the new Firestorm Release (ver 3.2.2.24336) but when I go to log in, the screen is black.  Can't even close out without having to use the task manager.  Help!

Microsoft Windows Vista

Version :  6.0.6002 Service pack 2 Build 6002

Toshiba Satellite L305D

Processor:  AMD X2 dual core Mobile RM-70, 2000 Mhz

Graphics:  ATI Radeon 3100 

I was running SL on Firestorm Beta and had no issues, only when I downloaded Firestorm Release.  Thanks.  

7 answers to this question

System specs will help.  But my bet is on your graphics card/adapter.

To give your specs or add any comment to this thread use the "Option" link in the upper right hand corner of your text box and then "Edit".  Don't start another thread as that makes this software even harder for people to follow and help.

Try turning off Basic Shaders.  You ought to be able to access Preferences from the login screen without actually entering SL.  It's in the upper left corner of the screen.  So, Preferences >> Graphics  and UNcheck Basic Shaders.  If that doesn't work read http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=crashes_and_graphics_glitches and try the steps in the section labelled Other Graphics Issues.  

I know that everyone out there is a Phoenix user, a firestorm user, or SL3 viewer user and never the twain shall meet etc. But I always have an old V1 viewer (phoenix) as a back up incase I have problems with SL3 or Firestorm (yes Im an SL addict & use all 3 viewers from time to time).

Seriously, if you can get an older viewer so you can at least log in and pay tier etc if SL3 stuffs up badly like it does from time to time.

Good luck & hope these suggestions help

i have the same problem, can't even login as the screen don't show so i use an older version of Phoenix.

On these newer viewers I get a half black & gray screen at the login screen.

Also have to use the Task Manager to close them.

System info: Windows Vista Home Premium

Toshiba Satellite L305D

Processor: AMD Athlon X2 Dual-Core QL-62 (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz

Graphics: ATI Radeon 3100

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.