Photography Tips?

May Bunny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4510 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Guys!

I wanted to start my own portrait company, but I really don't know where to start. I mean, SL photography has always been an interest of mine, but I haven't really been able to get into it for some reason...

I would like some tips on how to successfully start a portrait/photography company. Can anyone provide me with some useful ones? Thanks :D

Hi achalea. Some interestings tips and suggestions are given in this link:

http://www.shardsofblue.com/blog/2011/azelles-adventures-in-second-life/photography-portraits-in-second-life/

You will have first to manage properly the art of taking snapshots in SL. See this tutorial by Torley Linden:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Taking_snapshots

Enjoy and have fun!:smileyhappy:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Heya!

I don't know how well you know everything about SL photography, but lets say you know it and you're good at it.

First, before you start your own business, make sure you have clients! My advice is to do what you like - make photos. Make tons of them. Post them wherever you can. When your skills improve, people will ask you to do photos for them. Do photos for your friends. And their friends. For start, they will be your advertising tools. Every new person that asks you to do a photo is your new client.  

Besides clients, you need to learn how to run a business. Search for all possible advertising tools. Learn about customer service. Spend many hours in improving your skills.

If I were you I would:

1. become a photographer,

2. become a manager in the photography studio,

3. collect tons of clients.

Then open a business:)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4510 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.