Finity's End

Void Singer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Finity's End is a far traveling ship,
and wide space is the deep that she knows,
Infinity's black is the emblem she wears,
and never a mark does it show.

And no sun can hold us or keep us for long,
for Infinity is ours and Infinity's free
And no star can own her, and no worlds her own,
for Finity's End is she.....

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

vector uRGB2HSL( vector vColRGB ){	vector vColHSL = vColRGB;	if (vColHSL.x < vColHSL.y){		vColHSL = <vColHSL.y, vColHSL.x, vColHSL.z>;	}	if (vColHSL.x < vColHSL.z){		vColHSL = <vColHSL.z, vColHSL.y, vColHSL.x>;	}else if (vColHSL.y > vColHSL.z){		vColHSL = <vColHSL.x, vColHSL.z, vColHSL.y>;	}	vColHSL.z = (vColHSL.x + vColHSL.y) * 0.5; //-- L	vColHSL.y = vColHSL.x - vColHSL.y;         //-- C	if (vColHSL.y){		vColHSL.x = llList2Float( [(vColRGB.y - vColRGB.z) / vColHSL.y + 6.0 * (vColRGB.z > vColRGB.y),		                           (vColRGB.z - vColRGB.x) / vColHSL.y + 2.0,		                           (vColRGB.x - vColRGB.y) / vColHSL.y + 4.0],		                          llListFindList( [vColRGB.x, vColRGB.y, vColRGB.z], (list)vColHSL.x  ) ) / 6.0; //-- H		vColHSL.y = vColHSL.y / llList2Float( [2.0 * vColHSL.z, 2.0 - 2.0 * vColHSL.z], vColHSL.z > 0.5 );       //-- S	}else{		vColHSL.x = vColHSL.y; //-- Greyscale	}	return vColHSL;}

• Like 3

vector uHSL2RGB( vector vColHSL ){ //-- <H, S, L>	vector vColRGB;	if (vColHSL.y){		vColRGB.x = (1.0 - llFabs( 2 * vColHSL.z - 1.0 )) * vColHSL.y;                                             //-- C		vColHSL.x = vColHSL.x * 6.0;                                                                               //-- H'		vColRGB.y = vColRGB.x * (1.0 - llFabs( (integer)vColHSL.x % 2 + (vColHSL.x - (integer)vColHSL.x) - 1.0 )); //-- X 		vColRGB = llList2Vector( [<vColRGB.x, vColRGB.y, vColRGB.z>,		                          <vColRGB.y, vColRGB.x, vColRGB.z>,		                          <vColRGB.z, vColRGB.x, vColRGB.y>,		                          <vColRGB.z, vColRGB.y, vColRGB.x>,		                          <vColRGB.y, vColRGB.z, vColRGB.x>,		                          <vColRGB.x, vColRGB.z, vColRGB.y>],		                         (integer)vColHSL.x % 6 ) + (vColHSL.z - 0.5 * vColRGB.x) * <1.0, 1.0, 1.0>;	}else{		vColRGB.x = vColRGB.y = vColRGB.z = vColHSL.z; //-- greyscale	}	return vColRGB;}

• Like 2

I do not think that Void is messing around.  She stated very clearly about two weeks ago that she had given two week's notice and, if she did not get a satisfactory  response to her query to LL, she would quit SLF and take her expertise elsewhere.  I fear now that day has come.

Safe travels, Void.

Best of luck to you Void wherever you've gone to dwell, I applaud your integrity and SLF/LL has lost one of it prized jewels, a very sad day.  I hope that LL reflect long and hard upon this.

My best wishes and I hope to bump into you sometime, somewhere in SL.

Sy  :smileysad:

Ahh.. well, this is the wrong place to have a discussion on that.

Sorry to see her leave the forums, but I completely understand her feelings on the matter, having long abandoned them myself for similar and different reasons.

Anyway, I don't think she's leaving SL completely, at least I hope not.

Thanks.  I missed that.  I'm totally mysitifed by the whole thing now.  Even stretching as hard as I can, I don't see where the offense was. 

We have lost a good friend and probably the best scripting mentor LL has ever had. I can't begin to say how much I have learned from Void's examples and encouraging words, and her always-welcome improvements to my perfect scripts. 

I don't often poke my nose out of the content creation forums... so .... wow ... that's messed up.

Void, I am forever grateful for your dedication to helping us to better understand LSL. Thank you!

Like everyone else, I'm sad to see you go. I wish you well, and hope our paths cross again some day.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.