Where's the clouds?

Luna Bliss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4072 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 1 year later...

And after removing the classic clouds support from their viewer, LL is now going to remove them from their server, meaning even the residents using viewers that are able to render them will soon not see them any more !

The Cool VL Viewer (in which you can even adjust the altitude of the classic clouds: something that would be easy to implement in other viewers as well) and Singularity for the actively maintained viewers, plus all “deprecated” viewers, at least up to v2.7 *cannot* render them in RC Magnum already.

I filed a bug report (https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-1456) but Maestro Linden closed it as “expected behavior”. I’d suggest that anyone interested in classic clouds (which I find way prettier and realistic than Windlight clouds) also file BUG reports on the JIRA to let LL know that we still want classic clouds in our SL experience !

• 4 weeks later...

For anyone who cares, today's Cool VL Viewer releases implement pure viewer-side Classic Clouds (meaning that when logged in a sim or on a grid where Classic Clouds update messages are missing, the viewer auto-generates the equivalent data to still be able to render the clouds).

Henri (revolted against and resisisting stupid changes in SL since 2007).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4072 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.