Sign in to follow this  
Innula Zenovka

Cross-over products and RP

I don't know about other content creators, but my business partner and I love making niche products, and we often wonder if there's particular RP communities that have active BDSM (or other Adult Content) scenes.   I know that some vampire clans are into BDSM, and I know about some of the established space and sci-fi ones, but I'm wondering if there are any more.

I'm also wondering what sort of storylines their RP involves.    We like making stuff that's aimed at the particular market in more than just visual style;  if we made a sex bed for vampires, for example, it would include bites as well as the more obvious sex stuff, and since I understand that several vampires and one victim is quite a common scenario, we'd want to figure out some stuff the vampires and their victims might be doing in between feedings (must resist temptation to make pun about inter-course).

And I would love to make some stuff for the Steampunk Community..

Anyone else got any fun ideas of stuff they'd like to make or see made?  

At least one of my friends is both a steampunk and in the SL BDSM world, and a builder, who also reads this forum. So I suspect will be along shortly - but if not I'll send her a heads up inworld.

I always thought RLV was made for the Gorean RPers - which is basically one giant fantasy BDSM RP, but maybe it has a separate line of evolution?

Thanks, Pussycat.   I'd love to know the sort of things Steampunkers are into,  because I'm really looking for an excuse to make that sort of thing.   We both of us really prefer making stuff in for specific scenarios and types of RP.  That's partly because my partner makes all our animations --we don't sell anyone else's and won't sell hers copy/trans if we use them for anything -- and she would far rather make a whole related series for a particular product range than do what a lot of people do, which is buy in literally hundreds of animations and put them all in the one item in hope of covering all possible eventualities.  

Gor's a bit of a strange case.  I don't want to get into an argument about BDMS vs Gor, save to say that the two communities tend to see each other as very distinct, though obviously they have some common elements (at least from the content producer's point of view).  

From my point of view and my limited observation -- though most of my Gor friends seem to concur -- apart from the distinctive visual style, specifically Gorean items tend to be very context-specific.   So if a Gorean guy is looking for a post to which to tether his slaves, that's pretty much all he wants to do with it, so he's looking for a simple, low prim, item with not that many animations.   And for other things, he'll similarly look for specific items designed with a particular purpose in mind.  

And, of course, the animations have to be right; we've frequently been told, "that's great but you won't be able to sell many in Gor, at least large parts of Gor, because the submission poses aren't ones in the books" (which is fine by us, because lots of our non-Gor customers want something different from the nadus and towers and things that they've got already).

I sent an asking letter to Trevor Baylis to invent a wind-up clockwork vibrator for locations where no electricity was but he did not reply. This would be good for steampunk BDSM I think.

I think also a vampire who liked masochism and dolcett would want a virgin bloody stake for lunch.

Knot

You had to ask.  Now I can't get this image out of my head: Breedable bondage.  Not the kind that would get in trouble with PETA, but rather, the other way around.  Erotic asphyxiation by snuggle-crazed Meeroos.
  • Like 1

There are a handful of nitche markets out there that tend to get missed.

Despite there being a quite large Femdom community, there aren't many stores which make items designed for FF and Fm (where the dominant role is female) situations beyond the usual pillar, throne, rack. And even then, there isn't much variety for objects, bindings or clothing suited to a male slave that isn't unisex.

There are also some active pockets in the the various transformation and adult fur communities with relatively few creators making themed products. It can be a bit more selectivly niched, but many of those people also buy more traditional items.

Sometimes you just have to leave Gor and go keyword wandering to see what is really out there.

@Knotter

I had some ideas like that i mind, and already make RLV clockwork doll keys, so it may be doable ;).