Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
YukiKikasare

are we ever going to see those premium gifts LL promised again ?

Recommended Posts


Perrie Juran wrote:

Point is what would a reasonable person expect.  Although it appears on a regular basis every 75 years, I don't think the average person would use the word "regular" when discussing Halley's Comet unless they were talking in astronomical terms.

We can only hope the timing for the regular appearance of new gifts is not astronomical.

If the timing were to be once a year, I would consider it a deceptive use of the word.

 

Exactly this. Great point Perrie.

When will the Lab learn that when they announce these initiatives that we expect them to keep their word and to follow up on them? Too often they hype some new thing then rush on to the next big idea, totally forgetting about what they promised to deliver previously. A lot less marketing and weasily wordsmithing and a lot more honest communication would go a long way toward customer satisfaction.

If you're planning to make these gifts monthly, quarterly, or annually then dammit, just say that up front! Hell, if you don't really have the details worked out yet (which I suspect is the case here) then, say that! There'd be a lot more trust and a lot less griping doing it this way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deej Kasshiki wrote:

When will the Lab learn that when they announce these initiatives that we expect them to keep their word and to follow up on them?
Too often they hype some new thing then rush on to the next big idea, totally forgetting about what they promised to deliver previously. A lot less marketing and weasily wordsmithing and a lot more honest communication would go a long way toward customer satisfaction.

When will you learn that adults can not be trusted? Any child knows that. "It us us against them"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Would you consider a letter arriving every three months as "arriving regularly?""

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, I would. :matte-motes-big-grin: 

 

Since several years ago when I made a political contribution to my political party preference I recieve "regular" email (and even snail mail) requests for more donations.  There is no time table on when I might recieve one of those requests but they certainly are regular.......predictable only by the political party's need for a few more dollars.  I also recieve an email from Linden Lab every three months approxiately 1 to 2 weeks before my quarterly premium membership payment due date informing me that the hit on my chosen payment method will occur..........it's quite regular.  Hurricane season for the eastern part of the United States arrives every year between June and December..........the only time frame 6 months somewhere in the last half of the year (it's quite regular). 

 

Regular can mean most anything you choose to make it mean.......it does not have to be predictable or on any time schedule.  It just happens and you may or may not know when it  will happen but the fact that it happens and you know it will happen eventually, makes it regular.  And that was the context of the blog.....LL told us the gifts will be given regularly.....they did not put a time table or schedule to the gift giving.  They left it open ended.....putting your own schedule to something that has no schedule is the true deception.  And, again, I just don't understand the mindset of people who do that.  It's a gift that will, at some point, be given.  LL said it was going to be a "regular" event so the only thing one can take from that is that someday another gift will offered (when?  Who knows......it's not important).  Take the gift if you are so inclined..........don't if you don't want it.  "Looking a gift horse in the mouth" is concidered rude and impolite where I come from.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Ceka Cianci wrote:

either way ..i enjoy the sandboxes they gave us..those just keep giving and giving for me..i love that i can rez those huge things  i have that i cannot on my land.. =)

Good point.  Plus the LR game thing, from which I certainly got more entertainment value than the September furniture gifts (which I rezzed once, if that).

Actually, even better is the promise of future wonders revealed by the gateways to the LR game, most notably llTeleportAgent() that may one day work for non-Linden owners, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Qie Niangao wrote:


Ceka Cianci wrote:

either way ..i enjoy the sandboxes they gave us..those just keep giving and giving for me..i love that i can rez those huge things  i have that i cannot on my land.. =)

Good point.  Plus the LR game thing, from which I certainly got more entertainment value than the September furniture gifts (which I rezzed once, if that).

Actually, even better is the promise of future wonders revealed by the gateways to the LR game, most notably llTeleportAgent() that may one day work for non-Linden owners, too.

also now they have that other new thing that came out which sounds really neat..the keyframing =)

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlSetKeyframedAnimation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Peggy Paperdoll wrote:  "Looking a gift horse in the mouth" is concidered rude and impolite where I come from.

 

And hence began the fall of Troy........

 

But really part of my point is that it is not TRULY a gift.  At best it is a PERK being used to promote premium membership.  As such there is nothing wrong with me looking at the value of the PERK.  At the point when the original item was made available to premium members it was a gift because there was no prior promise.  You were gifted because you were a Premium member.

But really even from the start, the way the program was presented, the item being given is a PERK for being premium, just like the Premium Sandboxes are a PERK now.  As now presented it is no longer a GIFT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

funny you say this, because no where in my post am i demanding anything other than asking if we're ever going to see something that LL said they would be "giving" us.

 

it is quite healthy and polite to ask, especially when something is "promised" (and yes, telling people that they're getting something, is a promise), there comes an expectation of receiving. would i have cared if they had said "we would try to provide..." or even saying "here's a free gift" and then had said nothing about giving us more on a regular basis ?

no. i would not have. i love surprises like the next person, but when someone says they're giv ing something regularly and does not deliver, their credability and reliability decreases. and right now, not a good time for them to do this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe there was a low uptake because, as in my case, they didn't NOTIFY most of us that these things existed :( I just got an email from them about the December gift, but it's the first I heard of them - and I've been a Premie since 2006. It's nice of them to give us stuff and I don't have a problem with how often they choose to do it, but it is rather disappointing to miss out on something I SHOULD have had, because they can't get their act together and advertise the gift where it counts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Fledhyris Proudhon wrote:

Maybe there was a low uptake because, as in my case, they didn't NOTIFY most of us that these things existed
:(
I just got an email from them about the December gift, but it's the first I heard of them - and I've been a Premie since 2006. It's nice of them to give us stuff and I don't have a problem with how often they choose to do it, but it is rather disappointing to miss out on something I SHOULD have had, because they can't get their act together and advertise the gift where it counts.

It seems unless you are on Twitter or Facebook or SL Unniverse, you will miss 99% of what's going on.  Heaven forbid they should talk to us here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would have made sense for LL to have sent out emails AND added a notification of these premium membership benefits on our dashboards.  Emails can easily be missed, or email software can decide to inexplicably "lose" emails, but if the info had been added to dashboards, most of us log in to those at least once a month.

Don't forget to pick up your free boat, Fledhyris, and a belated welcome to these forums too :matte-motes-smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...