Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Simerion

deliveries failing AFTER acceptance, major

Recommended Posts

Hi,

I am shopping away and spending quite a few lindens...but I'm not getting the products. The order goes through, the merchant sends, I click ok when the grey box pops up and asks if I accept....and then the item is NOT placed in my inventory. If it was free stuff I would just let it ride, but it isn't. Contacting several merchants has produced zero response because I imagine that having clicked OK they figure it is not their issue, and they are right. How can I get the items that are supposedly mine now and yet nowhere in my inventory.

Note: I have gone through all of the recommended steps that you all were kind enough to give me when this problem started a week or so ago. It's still happening, and the steps still don't fix it. I am about ready to stop shopping, which would be a bummer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This happened to me last week with two items, luckily they were very cheap so I just repurchased and they went to my inventory with no problem.  Don't know what's up with this, but I'm not purchasing anything else until it is solved :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing is that the MP is a risk as delivery is always hit and miss particularly if you buy more than 4 items at a time.  If it's been 24 hours and you have not yet received your money or the product you expected, I would contact Linden Labs support and open a ticket.

I rarely if ever have issues in both getting my purchases and my customers getting there's so I don't know why you would have consistent issues but to circumvent them, you may just want to shop in those stores. In my opinion, it's more than the marketplace anyways. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, No Chelsea...this is different.  It's not like anything hasn't been delivered. It does get delivered to our av's, the box comes up on the bottom of the screen asking us to accept or not the item...we accept and the box goes away, but the item is not in our inventory :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That really is strange, Love...I've been buying up a storm inworld with no problem, everything gets delivered.  It's only with the MP that is my isue.  If that starts with me inworld and I have to suspend ALL shopping...OMG :matte-motes-crying: :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Kyliee, that's it in a nutshell. I have been reading more since I posted...is it possible that because I receive more group notices than I used to that the magic box system is tripping on a bug? I do tend to run around making multiple purchases, but the thing is that this particular non-drop into inventory issue happens whether you purchase instore or through the marketplace. The worst part is then having to rummage through my inventory to see if it really IS missing, which is more wasted time and just a reminder that I got burned for minimum $50 and usually more lindens, lately anyway. I am really concerned now because I am about to make dance purchases and you know how that adds up. If I don't receive those it may well just sour me on ever paying for anything again, which would be no good for anyone involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Simerion, as I stated above, it has not happened to me inworld...perhaps I've just been lucky.  I have had problems before with MP not delivering at all and having them resend or it would show up within a days time, but this is something new for me.  According to all documentation, I received that purchase, but it is invisible in my inventory.  Bottom line, if it is an issue inworld also, I will not purchase anymore...I spend enough as is, without having to duplicate :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahh, gotcha Kylie but can't I still promote the joys of going shopping over using the MP? LOL :)  But I now see your point in that if it appeared to be delivered and it was not in inventory is a serious issue.

I have been hearing a lot of delivery failures lately and even from friends in world.  I also saw a 1 star given to a friend who makes animations where the resident even said they did it for a failed delivery.  It sucks that this isnt working well for all of us, both the merchants and the residents. 

Sounds like things are actually getting worse not better on delivery and inventory issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Chelsea Malibu wrote:

Ahh, gotcha Kylie but can't I still promote the joys of going shopping over using the MP? LOL
:)
 

Sure you can!!! :) :matte-motes-silly:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Simerion wrote:

Hi,

I am shopping away and spending quite a few lindens...but I'm not getting the products. The order goes through, the merchant sends, I click ok when the grey box pops up and asks if I accept....and then the item is NOT placed in my inventory. If it was free stuff I would just let it ride, but it isn't. Contacting several merchants has produced zero response because I imagine that having clicked OK they figure it is not their issue, and they are right. How can I get the items that are supposedly mine now and yet nowhere in my inventory.

Note: I have gone through all of the recommended steps that you all were kind enough to give me when this problem started a week or so ago. It's still happening, and the steps still don't fix it. I am about ready to stop shopping, which would be a bummer.

Please check to ensure that your Objects folder is clear.  If there are too many products in that folder your SL Inventory may not be able to show the products that have been received.

If you have purchased the products through Marketplace remember to submit a Failed Delivery Report through the Support Portal so that the items can be redelivered to you.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CommerceTeam Linden?  Really?

Since when is there a limit to how many objects I can have in my Objects Folder?  It has never been suggested that I empty my objects folder occasionally.  Does that mean I should create a second object folder, transfer everything into that just so I can have my original object folder clear?  I am not sure I understand what you are suggesting.

Cinnamon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Cinnamon Mistwood wrote:

CommerceTeam Linden?  Really?

Since when is there a limit to how many objects I can have in my Objects Folder?  It has never been suggested that I empty my objects folder occasionally.  Does that mean I should create a second object folder, transfer everything into that just so I can have my original object folder clear?  I am not sure I understand what you are suggesting.

Cinnamon

I am going to second that question!

And last weekend I had a problem with delivery also.  I could see the object in inventory, even wear it although it kept saying "loading."  After relog the item was GONE.  Fortunately was a freebie group gift.  But I had to 'buy' the item three times before I was finally able to permanently keep it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Cinnamon Mistwood wrote:

CommerceTeam Linden?  Really?

Since when is there a limit to how many objects I can have in my Objects Folder?  It has never been suggested that I empty my objects folder occasionally.  Does that mean I should create a second object folder, transfer everything into that just so I can have my original object folder clear?  I am not sure I understand what you are suggesting.

Cinnamon

Yeah, that's a crock...I am OCD with my inventory, so in my case that was not the problem.  I do my inventory every single day, never have more then 3 or 4 items MAX in my objects folder.  Plus, when they first didn't show up, I spent about a 1/2 hour or so trying to relog, clear cache, etc...didn't do anything with my folders, finally I repurchased the two items...they went into my objects folder that time with no problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Perrie Juran wrote:


Cinnamon Mistwood wrote:

CommerceTeam Linden?  Really?

Since when is there a limit to how many objects I can have in my Objects Folder?  It has never been suggested that I empty my objects folder occasionally.  Does that mean I should create a second object folder, transfer everything into that just so I can have my original object folder clear?  I am not sure I understand what you are suggesting.

Cinnamon

I am going to second that question!

And last weekend I had a problem with delivery also.  I could see the object in inventory, even wear it although it kept saying "loading."  After relog the item was GONE.  Fortunately was a freebie group gift.  But I had to 'buy' the item three times before I was finally able to permanently keep it.

Holy cow, Perrie...never seen that happen :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Cinnamon Mistwood wrote:

CommerceTeam Linden?  Really?

Since when is there a limit to how many objects I can have in my Objects Folder?  It has never been suggested that I empty my objects folder occasionally.  Does that mean I should create a second object folder, transfer everything into that just so I can have my original object folder clear?  I am not sure I understand what you are suggesting.

Cinnamon

First time I heard this. If Commerce Linden is going to make such statements, he better be sure of what he is saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To answer what does surely sound like a bit of a wild pitch from Commerce Linden, I do not think that my objects folder is the culprit. My habit when opening boxes is to clean as I go. At most, assuming that something strange had happened or I had been called away from housekeeping by an friend's urgent request, I would have maybe ten or so objects in the folder.

As has been mentioned by others, sometimes the only solution is to purchase again and when I do that it does drop into that same folder with no problem at all. Also, if I receive five items at one time and only the second and third items don't show, how would that be explained? It wouldn't. It has to be something else.

Respectfully,

Simerion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


CommerceTeam Linden wrote:

Please check to ensure that your Objects folder is clear.  If there are too many products in that folder your SL Inventory may not be able to show the products that have been received.

If you have purchased the products through Marketplace remember to submit a Failed Delivery Report through the Support Portal so that the items can be redelivered to you.

 

Really?

I have over 30k items in my Objects Folder, all neatly categorized. Most of my categories are Consolidation 1, Consolidation 2, etc. I do many hunts and I keep everything, even empty boxes, some of them are very cute and or well made. 

I have never had an item that I received and accepted not show up in my inventory. 

Either I do not understand your answer, or you have been misinformed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


CommerceTeam Linden wrote:


Simerion wrote:

Hi,

I am shopping away and spending quite a few lindens...but I'm not getting the products. The order goes through, the merchant sends, I click ok when the grey box pops up and asks if I accept....and then the item is NOT placed in my inventory. If it was free stuff I would just let it ride, but it isn't. Contacting several merchants has produced zero response because I imagine that having clicked OK they figure it is not their issue, and they are right. How can I get the items that are supposedly mine now and yet nowhere in my inventory.

Note: I have gone through all of the recommended steps that you all were kind enough to give me when this problem started a week or so ago. It's still happening, and the steps still don't fix it. I am about ready to stop shopping, which would be a bummer.

Please check to ensure that your Objects folder is clear.  If there are too many products in that folder your SL Inventory may not be able to show the products that have been received.

If you have purchased the products through Marketplace remember to submit a Failed Delivery Report through the Support Portal so that the items can be redelivered to you.

 

And just what is the limit? It wouldn't be 200 would it? My best advice to the OP is do contact the merchant. If that is happening to customers then I will happily deliver in folders to the person who bought the product and do that in-world face to face if necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Charolotte Caxton wrote:


CommerceTeam Linden wrote:

Please check to ensure that your Objects folder is clear.  If there are too many products in that folder your SL Inventory may not be able to show the products that have been received.

If you have purchased the products through Marketplace remember to submit a Failed Delivery Report through the Support Portal so that the items can be redelivered to you.

 

Really?

I have over 30k items in my Objects Folder, all neatly categorized. Most of my categories are Consolidation 1, Consolidation 2, etc. I do many hunts and I keep everything, even empty boxes, some of them are very cute and or well made. 

I have never had an item that I received and accepted not show up in my inventory. 

Either I do not understand your answer, or you have been misinformed.

 

 :smileysurprised: Good Lord, Charo...what's your total inventory count? :smileysurprised: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It does get delivered to our av's, the box comes up on the bottom of the screen asking us to accept or not the item...we accept and the box goes away, but the item is not in our inventory
:(

I have had two customers report that problem to me, but neither one was willing to file a bug report to help solve the problem. :smileymad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am also having this specific problem. I bought 2 items off the marketplace, I got the message box in-world to accept them so i did, then now the items cannot be found anywhere in my inventory.

I've never had this issue before.. D:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Kylie Jaxxon wrote:

 :smileysurprised: Good Lord, Charo...what's your total inventory count? :smileysurprised: 

Not that much, but since the beginning of time, most of my items began in my object folder and rather than move them all about, I just categorized them. I use the search bar a lot so I don't really ever dig too much through the other folders, although they are all neatly categorized as well. What do I want, a cookie? Why yes please :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...