Kinda new...need help?

Rod Trill

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4537 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Didn't know where to post this. I created my avatar late last year and played for a couple days with a few of my friends that were arleady on this game way before I was. I was wondering is there any way I can find free items like clothing in Second Life. I tried searching on the Marketplace on www.secondlife.com but the search engine does not give me back the results I want for the item I'm looking. Is there a list of stores with free items or do you just basically have to go in world and browse around? How does this work?

There are many freebies in Second Life, you just have to know where to look! A few websites I suggest...

fabfree.com regularly posts freebies or cheap things. Also, be sure to check out their flickr for more!

slfreebiehunters.blogspot.com is another great site. They post the prizes from hunts, which are usually free, so you can see what's to win!

Also, it doesn't hurt to browse around either. You can find many great things!

Welcome back to Second Life.

You can find a lot of free things on the marketplace.  Just search in Apparel  On the side bar, click $0-$10 then the Refine button.  Sort the results by Price - low to high.

In world you will find a number of places that specialize in free items.  Type Freebies in search and a number of places will come up.  The quality of the items will vary.  A lot of merchants give away free items or 'gifts', that are as high a quality as the clothes they sell.  You will have to go to their stores to get them though. 

I don't have a list of these places, but perhaps other people can post some names or SLURL's for you.

While it is possible to obtain an entire wardrobe "free" like this, it will take a lot of time and effort on your part, and the selection will be limited if you want high quality.  You also may not find exactly what you want.  Consider finding a job to earn money to buy exactly what you want if you can't afford to purchase Lindens. 

I feel I should

well warn everyone that the

OP is obviously LL's

CEO, taking our

advice, albeit belatedly, and experiencing the

forums first hand. The obvious

clue is that he got one of the

Community Managers to set up a

alt for him. Well, we all know they can't

spell, even though he

told them the joke

name he wanted: Rod

Troll!

Rudi

RudolphUkka wrote:

I feel I should

well warn everyone that the

OP is obviously LL's

CEO, taking our

advice, albeit belatedly, and experiencing the

forums first hand. The obvious

clue is that he got one of the

Community Managers to set up a

alt for him. Well, we all know they can't

spell, even though he

told them the joke

name he wanted: Rod

Troll!

Rudi

This^^ is an outstanding post.  My goodness I wish I had written.  Outstanding.

Storm Clarence wrote:

RudolphUkka wrote:

Sy Beck wrote:

Well let's hope he
succeeds
with a name like

You do realise that
you and I are probably the only two forumites
who would get that reference without help, don't you!

Wrong.

Plus me makes 4 (and I'm sure there's more)

No need to be "cocky" (Rudi/Sy :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:)

Rod Trill wrote:

Didn't know where to post this. I created my avatar late last year and played for a couple days with a few of my friends that were arleady on this game way before I was. I was wondering is there any way I can find free items like clothing in Second Life. I tried searching on the Marketplace on
but the search engine does not give me back the results I want for the item I'm looking. Is there a list of stores with free items or do you just basically have to go in world and browse around? How does this work?

Welcome to Second Life Forums, Rod.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/

...will take you to the Marketplace home page.  If you are looking for something specific, just type in a keyword into the search box at the top of the screen. Refining your search to display price low to high will probably mean you have to wade through a lot of *DEMO* items but there are a lot of free items to be found this way.

I often to to Marketplace first, see something I like, then go to the store inworld using the map location/SLurl available on the Marketplace website.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4537 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.