The big FAT VAT issue

Exavor Diesel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4538 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ceka Cianci wrote:

i'm wondering..if LL did not pay the tax..then will they come after you guys for it since  it is a consumer tax?

No they wouldn't. It's *entirely* down to the seller to collect VAT from the buyer, and never down to the buyer to pay it seperately.

Of course, a large SL business, that's owned by an EU resident, can avoid VAT altogether. By registering for VAT, a business can claim it back from the VAT people (Customs & Excise). LL does offer to provide VAT invoices to people who are VAT registered, so that it can be claimed back, provided that it's a business expense that it was charged on, of course.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, I looked into that though.

For most people, it isn't an option as you need to earn over  £73,000 (Approx US$114,000) in order to be eligible to register for VAT in the UK. I certainly don't earn that much from selling land on my sims. If I did, I would quit my RL job LOL

Plus if I did register for VAT, it would mean I'd need to collect it from my EU tenants. I don't think I'd have many tenants left if I started doing that...

Exavor Diesel wrote:

For most people, it isn't an option as you need to earn over  £73,000 (Approx US$114,000) in order to be eligible to register for VAT. I certainly don't earn that much from selling land on my sims. If I did, I would quit my RL job LOL

Plus if I did register for VAT, it would mean I'd need to collect it from my EU tenants. I don't think I'd have many tenants if I started doing that...

i guess we are just gonna have to wait and see what turns up when they answer your ticket..

i'm just wondering why they would go through all the extra bull to collect it if they didn't have to..or didn't feel they had to anyways..

i may come off as trying to look like i am on their side..i'm not ..i'm just looking at a lot of the details i am seeing and throwing them out there..

i am certainly no expert on Vat tax since i never had to pay it..and  ya it seems unfair that you guys have to pay more..

but i just don't want to jump in and miss any details either when discussing it if they may be important ones that help in understanding them.

it would be nice to figure it out i guess..hehehehe

because i don't think LL is gonna go into any great detail about it in your ticket more than they did on the Ext KB..but at least maybe we can find out if they have some sort of building over they they are hiding out in LOL

LL come out..we have you surrounded..this is the EU residents..we finally found you guys..we want our vat back!! \o/ lol

Exavor Diesel wrote:

For most people, it isn't an option as you need to earn over  £73,000 (Approx US$114,000) in order to be eligible to register for VAT in the UK. I certainly don't earn that much from selling land on my sims. If I did, I would quit my RL job LOL

Plus if I did register for VAT, it would mean I'd need to collect it from my EU tenants. I don't think I'd have many tenants left if I started doing that...

Perhaps the system has changed since I was VAT registered. There is a threshold where a business has to register, but voluntary registration was allowed too.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4538 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.