Premium account house/land

kat Andretti

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4256 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am currently a premium member with a 512 land and home. I want to upgrade to 1024 or 2048. If I did would I still be at the same spot or be moved and still have the house or what? Also my billing date isnt till early next month, if I did it today when would it get billed? I am on the land/home that you get when you become premium.

kat Andretti wrote:

I am currently a premium member with a 512 land and home. I want to upgrade to 1024 or 2048. If I did would I still be at the same spot or be moved and still have the house or what? Also my billing date isnt till early next month, if I did it today when would it get billed? I am on the land/home that you get when you become premium.

Hi kat!  If you are on the mainland you will keep you current parcel, and then be billed for your aditional parcels.  Your tier billing will be on the day that you get additional land.  Make sense?  Hope this helps!

Peace! 

In addition to Hippie's good answer about mainland and due date, be aware that if you are currently having a Linden Home, you are not able to get a larger plot on the land you are now. If you choose a 1024 or 2048 on the mainland, it will be in a different region from where you are now and you won't be able to keep the Linden house. These houses cannot be moved or taken away and are completely associated to the 512 sqm land you are owning now. Once you have a larger plot, you will have to abandon your current house and get a a house of your own and rez it there.

You probably cannot get the additional space next to your house if it is in a Linden housing area.  You would need to buy a parcel on the mainland that fits you needs.  You could not take the Linden house, so you would have to buy, build, or find a free house.  There are lots of free or very low cost houses.  I think your billing date would stay the same.  I think you would be billed for a whole month if you buy at any time in that month

Note that you have to fine and buy the land you want -- the Lindens will not handle that for you,

TKR

This will hopefully answer a lot of your questions:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Beginning-landowner-FAQ/ta-p/700035

1) It's either a Linden home :( or your own land :). Can't have both. Not for free.

2) You will get into the next higher tier range as soon as you buy a parcel bigger than 512.

3) 512 is tier free ... only if you toss the LL home first! Else it will be added to your bill. Even if you have both lands only for 5 minutes.

4) Owning land is great. But be aware that everything goes against your prim count. A Linden home doesn't, so you have a home and still all 117 prims for yourself. As soon as you become a real landowner every prim counts against you. Having any meaningful home on a 512 parcel is kinda impossible so take at least a 1024 ... at least ;)

5) GOLDEN PROTIP: Buy the parcel with friends. Make a landholding group and buy the parcel for group. Many ppl aren't using their free 512 so ask them to contribute to your land. Also group owned land get's a bonus of 20%.

kat Andretti wrote:

You wouldn't have to abandon your Linden Home if you didn't want to. You can buy as much land as you like and do with it what you want, and still keep the Linden Home if you want to.

There are two types of land you can buy - mainland and private estate land. For mainland, you pay tier to LL and, for private estate land, you pay tier to the owner, who is just another SL user. The owner pays tier to LL. Private estate land has nothing to do with the tier structure. Only mainland is counted for the tier structure.

So, with mainland, you can buy a 1024m parcel and keep your Linden Home 512m. You will pay tier at the 1024m level because the first 512m is free of tier. It's not just the Linden Home that's free of tier - it's any mainland 512m parcel. So you could abandon your Linden Home land, buy a 1536m parcel, and you will pay tier for only 1024m of it.

If you only want a 1024m parcel, you can abandon your Linden Home, buy a 1024, and you will pay tier on only 512m of it.

• 9 months later...

Hello I just subscribed to premium upgrade.  When I had selected on of the 3 Linden homes offered, the contemporary and was asked to name it I attempted to rename it before I finished the process of agreeing to the home. Now I can't find my contemporary home and am only offered 2 homes to select, none of which is the one I originally selected.

When I tried to get back to find the upgrade page I couldn't find it at all. Nor does it say anywhere on my account that I"m a premium member.

So far I have no home basically and don't know how to go about reselecting.

Thanks

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4256 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.