Sign in to follow this  
Masami Kuramoto

Rigged mesh export from Blender 2.60+

Awesome news :)

I have played a bit with it and i have 2 questions:

Q: Do i have to set the "Connected" Option again after i am done with the rotations ?

Q: When i move the tail along Y, how far shall i go ? is the tail position arbitrary ?

I also forwarded your post to the Blender development for inspection. Maybe it helps:

http://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=29352&group_id=9&atid=498

• Like 1

The armature's rest position must be set up so that all the bones point in the positive Y direction. If you reconnect the bones, they will rotate back towards their parents. So you have to leave them disconnected. However, this won't affect the rig's ability to be used in pose mode. For example, you can still work on the skin weights after modifying the rig. If you rotate a bone in pose mode, its children will still inherit that rotation as if they were connected.

Tail length doesn't matter. Only rotation does.

I have updated the Avatar-Workbench with a modified Armature. Please look at the Version for Blender 2.60. I tested with viewer version:

• Second Life 3.2.2 (244666) Nov  8 2011 17:07:43 (Second Life Beta Viewer)

Kudos to Masami !

Ceera Murakami wrote:

Can you post a link for downloading that altered rigging? No sense in each person re-doing all those linking and rotation changes from scratch.

You can now download a free Blender add-on that performs the required transformations automatically before exporting to COLLADA.

http://blog.machinimatrix.org/avastar/mesh/