Voice server problem. Please help me!

Anarovishka Petrov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3461 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been a resident since 2007 and this year I've been having problems with this: 

Voice Server Error.png

Sometimes I get the voice to work when I go to preferences > Sound & Media and check and uncheck the Voice Chat box many times till the voice works. This can take up to 30 min. Sometimes not even that works. Sometimes I'm lucky and the voice works when I log in but mostly it doesn't. I just increased my internet connection to 10MB and nothing changed. I changed viewers from V2 to phoenix and that didn't help either.  I've seen some other people have this issue aswell. This is increadibly annoying. Please, could someone look into this problem? I use iMAC and my firewall is always deactivated.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I use iMAC and my firewall is always deactivated. Besided, if firewall were the problem woudn't I never be able to use voice chat? It does work sometimes.

I miss out on too many SL voice chat based classes every singe week because this problem doesn't allow me to hear other people's voice chat nor speak. I check configuration all the time. My audio devices work just fine when I use skype and I hear any other sounds that come from SL, like media, streaming and gestures. 

Someone please help me figure this out!!!!

While I've had and continue to have intermittent issues with voice myself, I've never gotten/seen that error message.

There is a JIRA issue on this on Phoenix's site, unsure about LLs JIRA site (from Google search). It's marked "resolved" (3/17) and "waiting on Linden Lab fix." The problem is not limited to Macs.

Someone using the SLED mailing list seems to be able to work around it by "logging off and back on immediately" (see https://lists.secondlife.com/pipermail/educators/2011-January/044237.html).

I can't seem to get voice today either and I've tried everything above and my computer to make sure it wasn't me. My computer voice is fine but it seems as if I log onto SL my voice is automatically taken away. I'm so frustrated!!!! I've reset, unistalled, reinstalled, disabled, enabled voice, you name it I did it and still no voice. I can't get voice anywhere I go. Please let me know if SL mayb having issues today and it's not just me.

• 2 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3461 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.