I have a mac. SL won't load

ladybella85

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3983 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello All,

Please help me.  This issue is driving me crazy.  I was an avid second life user, loved the site!  All of a sudden, one day nothing will load.  My clothing never loads, everything seems laggy, and my appearance doesn't load to ever other people.  I don't know if its a virus, a problem with the viewers, or a problem with my computer.  Again, this happened all at once.  I can't tell anything that changed!  My regular internet works fine, my only problem is SL.  Please help me.  I am desparate

15 answers to this question

My mac is a 2.4ghz Intel Core i5, with 4gb of ram. I tried Firestorm again - and I managed to get my avatar to change from smoke, after editing it. Maybe its just a learning curve, but I don't like Phoenix or Firestorm as much as Second Life Viewer.

What I don't understand is why the Second Life Viewer just hangs, and won't open now? I get the spinning wheel and then have to force quit. Even if I trash and re-install, the same happens. When I do try to open it, another icon pops up momentarily in the dock, which I think is some sort of crash log.

Is there anyway of resetting/rebooting my account online to help with this?

Thanks...

Your configuration should allow you to run SL viewer although it's not the latest one. (I use a slightly higher one without any issue :
21,5 inches : 2,7 GHz.
* Intel Core i5 quadricore 2,7 GHz
* Résolution 1 920 x 1 080
* 4 Go memory(2 x 2 Go)
* Hard drive 1 To1
* AMD Radeon HD 6770M- 512 Mb
Check if any OS updates are available for you. Then deinstall ALL viewers from your Mac and do a clean reinstall as explained in this link it's by the Phoenix team but works for all viewers):
http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=clean_reinstall
Then download a fresh version of the latest LL viewer.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3983 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.