Can't log on?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4537 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was wondering if something was wrong with the server, but my friend can log on just find and we live in the same apartment. I keep getting this error:" Login failed. Unable to connect to a simulator." 

I don't know if it's because where ever I was, apparently the sim must have vanished and now I don't know what to do or how in the world I'm going to get my avatar back. I tried even logging into different locations and still nothing. 

• Confused 1

Assuming you have tried everything listed on the link that I sent to you, including restarting your router and contacting your ISP to ensure there was nothing going on from their end (they can do a line test for you), and you are not using a wireless connection, all that I can suggest is that you try again tomorrow.

Can't be because other avatars seem to log on fine on my computer, but when I use my own account, I keep getting the same message. So, it can't be anything wrong with the connection or ISP if others can log on fine on my computer. I mean, earlier today, everything seemed to be okay. I had my friend log onto her account to go to the area where I last left off and she said it was missing. A whole new name and everything. I don't know if my avatar was kicked out, but that doesn't make since. I mean shouldn't it have teleported me elsewhere?  And when I log on here, it says my account is still active and everything. I never had any problems, so I don't understand what else could be going on. 

I really hope it will work soon, otherwise this is going to be a really big problem. 

• Confused 1

Ashlyn, did you log out properly when you left last time? Or was it maybe a crash, maybe even during a simcrossing?

Your acc might still be logged in.

Try to log in with an alt (preferably one that's a friend of your main avie), see if your main is still online and locate the last whereabouts. Once you established your ghost is still logged in ...

- contact the owner of the sim (if private estate) and ask them to restart the sim. That will release your ghost.

- contact live chat help (if LL owned mainland), give 'em the exact coords of your avie's ghost and ask them to log you out.

I did have a friend go to the place where I was last left off. She said she didn't see me logged on and I wasn't there. She also said the sim I last left off seem to be missing for a while. I think it's actually back now, but I still can't log on. It still says unable to connect to a simulator, despite the place being back up...or at least I think it is.

I'm not sure what else it could be, though. It was working just fine the other day. I had logged out okay and then when I tried yesterday, it said I was unable to connect to a simulator. I tried logging into different grids and they worked fine, but all of my things are missing; my groups, friends, etc. I really want to get back onto the main SL grid, but again, it won't let me. 

• Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4537 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.