wierd message in local chat with each text msg

Fabeha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4307 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

(Translation failed: the parameter 'appId' must contain at least '16' characters Parameter name: appId)

how to remove this ?

This message keeps appearing with each text from both sender and recipent along; like 

fabeha: hi(Translation failed: the parameter 'appId' must contain at least '16' characters Parameter name: appId)

16 answers to this question

We're going to be seeing that message a lot more frequently in the weeks ahead.  That's coming from the Google Translate API, which is the basis for the automatic translation system that is built in to most of the current SL viewers.  As you may be aware, Google announced last May that they would be discontinuing free access to their API on December 1, making it only available as a service to clients willing to pay a hefty fee.  It's way too expensive for LL to keep using it.  After December 1, therefore, our translators (and the common translation HUDs in world, like Simbolic and Universal), will no longer work.  In fact, as that date appoaches, the translator is already kicking up error messages under some circumstances.  That's what you are seeing.

But no longer, Neon. The Google Translate API is now only available by paid subscription. If you have a current V3 viewer or Firestorm, the only way you can turn on autotranslate is by including your account number with Google (or Bing) in the appropriate spot in Preferences. If you don't indicate an account number, autotranslate is disabled. Obviously, this option was not in earlier viewers, so people who use them will continue to get the annoying message unless they have disabled autotranslate themselves.

• Like 1

Thank you for following up on this issue.  I figured it out on my own by disabling the translation, but I was originally disappointed when I used support chat and was told that since I was NOT using the SL viewer I was basically on my own.  So I DO appreciate your taking the time to research the issue and get back to me.

That's is hardly news at this point. Google's free Translate API was removed back in December 2011. If you want a built-in translator, you may still use Google Translate, but you have to pay them for a subscription. Then you enter your account number in Preferences in either Firestorm or V3. If you don;t want to pay Google for their translator, you may use Bing's free service to do the same thing, but you still have to subscribe to it and enter your Bing account number in your viewer to make it work. Your only other choice is to use a translator that is NOT built in to your viewer. There are a couple on Marketplace that you can buy.

Funny that I got the same message when I tried to use a pose ball in my bed!!! What does my bed have to do with translation??

(Translation failed: the parameter 'appId' must contain at least '16' characters Parameter name: appId) ???? Make absolutely NO sense what-so-ever!!! I reset the scripts. I cleared cache and relogged. nothing works, I get the message no matter what I type in local and I NEVER use the translator!!! How does this apply to a bed that I have been using for 3 years and NEVER had a problem until tonight? it all started all of a sudden out of no where!!!

omg thank you soo much i have been seeing that for the past months and it was driving me crazy hehe but i was able to fix it by going to the preference and un clicking the button thank sso much again it worked for me

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4307 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.