Next CTUG: Wednesday, 23 Nov @ 1PM SLT

Venus Petrov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4529 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Linden Lab wrote:

FYI - we are postponing this meeting.  However, the best place for community tools feedback continues to be in Forum Feedback. 

Erm . . . but isn't it

true that informally, the

Community Team refers to

Forum Feedback, as The

Black Hole?

Rudi

Linden Lab wrote:

FYI - we are postponing this meeting.  However, the best place for community tools feedback continues to be in Forum Feedback. 

You want suggestions, LL, then here's a few to start with.

1. Revert all disciplinary actions taken against concerned citizens who protested at the ridiculously inappropriate use of the discussion section of the forums for a crass advertising event full of attempts at self-promotion by the vendors of Spampire systems, which was not so much an ineffective debacle as laughably self-defeating, to such an extent that an extremely intelligent and well-crafted parodic thread was moved by the moderators from GD to the very subforum that would be most embarrassed to receive it.

2. Start moving advertising and self-promoting threads, which appear to have been increasingly encouraged by the muddying of the waters regarding interpretation and enforcement (or not) of the Forum Guidelines, from Discussion forums to Commerce, Land and Events where they should be. There is one particularly egregious example of an event thread which has been allowed to persist in GD, despite regular content-free posts simply intended to bump the thread to remind and encourage potential attendees. Survey requests should be removed to the Help Wanted subforum immediately, as well.

3. You may also want to revisit Lexie's statement that discussions of real life issues should be restricted to the General Discussions subforum, and move the burgeoning numbers of threads wishing to associate sl and rl from the Relationships subforum to GD.

I don't want to overload the apparently straining-at-the-seams Community Team (who seem more prepared to shed their - what might be perceived as cowardly - anonymity in the Adult Community) by offering too many suggestions at once, but perhaps credibility and confidence might be improved slightly by a public announcement of the structure (if there is one) of the (Community) Marketing function, now that the departure of Kim appears to have left it headless.

Over to you Linden Lab/Community Linden/whatever your current allonym is. I don't expect a coherent response, since you have been careful to state that this is the place for feedback, not Linden participation. Perhaps it would have more of a chance of a reply if I posted it in the SLU forums?

Rudi

Torben Trautman wrote:

I have a feeling that this is "Expected Behaviour"...

True.

What I find most unfortunate is that we cannot discuss the moderation process here, whereas we can (or at least we used to be able to) at the CTUG meetings.  Next step is for them to do away with them for good, which wouldn't surprise me in the least.

...Dres

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4529 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.