Preventing vehicles from moving my camera position?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3226 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just about every vehicle I get into moves my camera to some spot above / behind the vehicle - but almost always an angle I don't like.

Some of them even go behind, below, looking up - making driving very hard... :)

How can I take back control of my camera while still behind able to drive / ride / pilot / sail around?

- Any settings or even camera HUDs that are 'strong enough' to override the vehicles?

i checked the market place and all i found was this..but it looks like what you are asking about..

i have no idea how good it is.. also i thought mysti tool had something for camera views as well..if you ever had gotten one of those..you could look into that as well

SD Driver's HUD Version v1.0                         

Yes, Aqua, I always mod the camera settings when I get a new Trudeau. I prefer the look from straight behind, makes it so much easier to follow the red arrow and steer towards a beacon when navigating. But apart from Trudeau I don't know of any boat with moddable settings. Fortunately most boats have the camera positioned correctly right from the get go.

With some vehicles, the camera angle is pretty bad.  Even worse, in my opinion, are the ones where they sort of whip you from side to side when you turn.  I'm sure some people think it's a neat effect, but I personally find it an immersion-breaker.  I like the mouselook perspective, but all too often it's also mouse-steer.  It's nice to be able to glance to starboard while turning to port sometimes?  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3226 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.