i lost my account there is guy steal it from me he sent me page and after i open it he had my pass

deathless4ever666

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4144 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

he sent me page like that page who come when i loggin in marketplace so i put my account and the pass then he steal it .. but iam still here online in the site but cant open the viewer again .. he changed the password and the mail i donno what i must do but iam saving his words ,,

i was online in 2 accounts   first he talk to me in my account (deathless4ever).. and when i did loggin in the site it was by

deathless4ever666 .... and thats what he sent me

[2011/11/18 23:52] ?????? (lllfilipolll): hi if you are lokin for new hair shape skin tatto and AO + cloth we have just open a new store in marketplace evrithing is new http://marketplaceseondlife.co.nu/store/16071994/login.htm enjoy and tnks
[2011/11/18 23:56] deathless4ever: what is that ?
[2011/11/18 23:56] deathless4ever: its afk page
[2011/11/18 23:57] ?????? (lllfilipolll): yes
[2011/11/18 23:57] ?????? (lllfilipolll): i change your pass
[2011/11/18 23:58] ?????? (lllfilipolll): your old one was 1472703
[2011/11/18 23:58] ?????? (lllfilipolll): if you log out now
[2011/11/18 23:58] ?????? (lllfilipolll): you will never log i again
[2011/11/18 23:58] ?????? (lllfilipolll): if you want your avatar back give me  2000 l*

and after he had my password he talk to me at my another account (deathless4ever666)

and told me that ..

[00:02]  lllFilipolll Resident: you dont need it ?
[00:05]  deathless4ever666 Resident: iam asking friend to give me the money
[00:05]  deathless4ever666 Resident: i dont have that money now
[00:07]  ?????? (lllfilipolll): i will go offline after 5 min
[00:07]  ?????? (lllfilipolll): if you dont give me the lindens befor
[00:07]  ?????? (lllfilipolll): say bye bye to your usr
[00:11]  deathless4ever666 Resident: iam really trying all my best
[00:11]  ?????? (lllfilipolll): try to report me :)
[00:12]  deathless4ever666 Resident: no no
[00:17]  ?????? (lllfilipolll): SO

now i cant open it i donno what i must to do :(

plz someone help me

14 answers to this question

You MUST file an abuse report immediately. Give as much info as possible. The chat log you posted here is absolutely determining. Copy it and include it in your AR. Ask for help for restoring your account. What this person did deserves a permanent ban. Hopefully LL will do that.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Filing-an-abuse-report/ta-p/700065

EDITED: btw, how did this person got to know your password? DO NOT EVER NEVER give your password to ANYBODY, not even your hubby, best friend or sister/brother. If you did let this guy have your pass, then you made a BIG fault. Make sure to be very nice polite and humble about that when dealing with support.

• Like 1

i sent to Jeremy Linden notcard say all that but i donno what else i must do .. he my mail in here was deathless4ever@hotmail.com ... he change the mail to be deathle11ss4ever@hotmail.com ... i cant cvhange the mail again and i cant change the password and he still want me give him money or i will cant have my account again .. and person like that .. if i gived him the money iam sure he will not give me the account in final ... SL must know his IP adress and block him forever from SL

Wait for LL's reply. Only them can fix that now. At the moment, there is nothing else you can do. In the future do not ever share your informations with anyone and you will be safe. Also never accept to pay someone blackmailing you. I hope Jeremy and LL will help you. For the moment, I would suggest you create an alt with a completely different name and block/mute this resident. Best of luck, deathless!

Valerie, he was the victim of a phishing scam.  The criminal sent him a page and told him to 'log in with his SL account name and password".  He did, and the thief had his info.

deathless...do what Valerie said and file a support case IMMEDIATELY.  This is a serious crime in SL and the perpetrator should be permanently banned.

And let this be a lesson to you:  NEVER EVER give your SL password to anyone, under any circumstances.  Even LL will never ask you for your password except on the SL login page or the website login page.

I just checked the link deathless posted in his chat log.  This page looks JUST like a legitimate SL login page, it's very deceptive.  DO NOT enter any information on that page!!!!!

• Like 2

Deathless, you are doing OK.  The note to Jeremy is a good idea.

You should also:

1.  File an Abuse Report.  If you are still in world, go to Help/Report Abuse and fill out the form.  Include the chat logs you posted here.  I Abuse Reported this resident as well.

2.  File a Support ticket here on the SL website.  Go to https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

Be patient.  It will probably take Linden Lab a few days to resolve this.

• Like 1

I plugged the site into an online domain tools site (centralops.net/co was the first one that popped up for online trace route) and found the abuse address from the registration record. I sent them details; hopefully they'll close the site pretty quickly. Its a hosting service so they should have someone on call 24/7/365 to check emails and resolve issues.

• Like 3

OK.

First rule of defense against phishing:  Know the domain you're supposed to be at.  Secondlife.com is the ONLY domain Linden Labs runs, so if the server name is rearranged, or has "marketplace" or whatever tacked next to the domain name with no periods in between?  It's not run by LL.  This goes for any site you visit, be it SL, or Amazon, or even your bank.  If there's extra stuff after the ".com", then it's a fake-out, don't click.

Second rule: Any time you're told to enter personal data, look for an HTTPS header on the form - this tells you that A) everything sent between you and the site server is encrypted, and B) the key being used belongs to Site XYZ.  If there is an HTTP lock displayed, but the certificate is expired, invalid, or doesn't match where you're going, then, it's a good bet someone's trying to shine you on.  Never enter your userID or personal info if you don't see an HTTPS "lock" and verify the certificate as belonging where you expect it to belong.

Third rule: If there's money involved (real or virtual), expect people to try and scam you.  Refer to rules One and Two above, understand that you'll never get accounts suspended or corrupted, or be given exclusive beta keys or a sparkle pony, for no apparent reason .... and above all, if the email is legit, they wouldn't be asking for your email and your password.  

this happens a lot lately

i'd just reported 1 a few min ago, they even using new tricks now, this time they send a group chat msg 1st

with ''A Free Christmas Gift'' with the link , and the link was from altervista

the avatar name who send is also stolen by the same reason , they steal your pass like that and use your account

to send more fake links like this.

really LL should do something about this cuz this is getting very serious, and the solution is pretty easy

LL should let the marketplace communicate with the login on the viewer and not via the marketplace it self

for example as soon u login with your viewer you are also logged on the marketplace

or

2 totally different passwords with the old system that xstreet used in the past, with sending money to your xstreet account

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4144 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.