why cant I run second life on my new laptop, it is toshiba, 64bitand how can I get it to be compatib

Coral Ashbourne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4536 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

We've had several people asking about using a Toshiba Satellite laptop for SL.  The general answer has been that you ought to get low to medium quality performance with it.  It's hard to be more specific than that without knowing exactly what model you have and which graphics card (if any) is in it.  Models that are running with a built-in chipset  are least likely to perform well.  Other things to look at include firewall and antivirus settings, either of which may be blocking you from getting in to SL.  Again, though, without more information it's impossible to do more than guess.  You can add to this post by clicking on the Options link in the upper right corner of your question and selecting EDIT.  Please do NOT start a new thread.

This may sound like a flippant answer but the most likely reason you can't run SL (or, if you can and it runs really crappy) is that you bought a bargain laptop.  If you paid less than about $1,000 USD for the laptop, you most likely will have difficulty running SL (or any graphic intense program).  Laptops were invented to cover the business/student market......and for that they excell.  Use that excellent business/student computer for anything requiring high end graphics and you'll be very disappointed.  If you insist on using a laptop for programs such as SL then you'll be spending close to $3,000 USD to match a $800 desktop's performance.

It helps if you dig into Google and learn a little about what you are buying before you buy it.  If you have lots of money and the convenience of portability is important..........then get a gaming laptop (roughly $3,000 USD).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4536 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.