Premium Linden Home Land Usage

djrathbun

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4535 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been in SL since 2007, have owned and rented land and make Linden running my own SL business all as a hobby.  I've created a new premium account that will relate to my RL work and have a question about the Linden land / house that comes with the premium membership.

I primarily want the premium membership to use the land to build structures; not as a business but as a virtual reality design experiment. The Linden home comes with the premium membership and is on a 512sq meter land site with 117 prims. However, I don't need the house... I need the land almost like a 512sq meter sandbox. 

Is there a way to ditch the house and gain the prim allowance just using the flat land? I am aware landscaping is not allowed.

You just need to look at the land sales search and/or for sale parcels on the world map.  You should be able to find a random 512 sq.m. parcel for L$512 or less (i.e. L$1/sq.m.).  TP to the parcel buy it, that's all there is to it.

Linden Homes are the only free parcels for Premium, in terms of obtaining the parcel itself.  All normal mainland has to be purchased from someone (Gov Linden, in the case of abandonments).

Thanks Pauline! I had just searched another answer and found the same thing. I was confused with the "free Linden" home thing on the premium signup webpage. 

This will be much better as with a mainland 512m plot I can put up a platform in the air where I can build my structures.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4535 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.