You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3433 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yes, the werewolves are Mesh.

I just tested these with an alt.

Looked at the vampire choices. They are normal avvies that wear normal clothes, so didn't try one on.

There are three anthro werewolves, and three quad werewolves (or just large wolves, with disproportionately large heads).

Anthro werewolves each have a mini AO that makes them move in a suitable gait, and has a "Howl" and "Claw slash attack" function. Beige, brown and black fur choices, and if you wanna be a female lycan, you gotta take the blonde, because the other two are males.

Quad werewolves each have a mini AO that makes them move in a suitable gait, and has a "Howl" and "Sit" function. Beige, brown and black fur choices. They appear to be neuter in gender. 

The deformers for these can screw up your next shape, until you re-log. Switching between them can make you comically short or thin. Relogging was the only fix I could find.

The heads on the quad wolves are all about 30% too big. 

Except for when they howl, their mouths are locked in an open pose. They don't even pant.

The anthro bodies do bend nicely at the joints, and the feet and dewclaws look pretty good for a simplified digitigrade look based on the normal bones in the skeleton. They don't look very "furry" though. More like a spandex bodysuit with a fur texture painted on it. The female anthro lycan had an attempt at a ruff of fur on the back of her head and neck, but to me it looked almost like the plates of an armadillo, and not like fluffy fur. Looked too solid and segmented.

They are not bad, for an early effort, given away for free. Not ready for prime time though. It will be very interesting to see how these improve as the designers get more experience.

Most of them are cool and allow the new residents to look like vampires or lycans(? - i dont know really many about them) without cost (for buying fangs etc) but the no human avis i think are only for males. I like the way the stand, walk and howl. Generally very good effort by LL.

The lightest-furred bipedal werewolf has definite breasts (at least a DD cup!), The other two bipedal werewolves are male, with typical jock-muscular chests.

They are all gender-neutral below the waist, of course. :matte-motes-wink-tongue: Can't have LL distributing Adult content now, can we?

What I am waiting for is an enhancement to Mesh that allows for dynamic hair and fur. Then we will finally see some really great furry characters in SL. But unfortunately, rendering stuff like that is a lot more GPU intensive, so I doubt SL will do it any time soon.

Ceera Murakami wrote:

They are all gender-neutral below the waist, of course. :matte-motes-wink-tongue: Can't have LL distributing Adult content now, can we?

Can you recommend somewhere that might rectify this critical omission? Oh, and are werewolves vampires? If not, perhaps this thread should be moved to a more appropriate forum, perhaps the Role Playing one?

Rudi

Dark Delights and Sensations both sell items of interest to the gentleman lycan, I think.   And a quick search in the Marketplace reveals that so do a lot of other places, too.   I'm not qualified, for various reasons, to give specific recommendations, but certainly in general I can recommend the two stores I mention.

Thanks Innula, I had no idea they were there.

Well, I've checked out the werewolves, and they have issues. For 1, why do they use an offset? Using a deformer or offset is always a bad idea.There is no reason at all for this avatar to use an offset, especially since it is mesh.

2nd major thing is that the offset is attached to the right hands, which every creator that ever made anything in SL knows that the default attachment point is the right hand. So, if a newbie rightclick/wears anything, or doubleclicks anything in his/her inventory, they will lose the offset and from then on wonder why his/her legs are so weird. Did any1 that actually uses SL even test this avatar?

3rd thing is that the AO maker did not make the animations with the proper priorities. I'm dumbfounded, cause there really is no excuse for this. Plus, there is an AO and a HUD, why the AO is not in the hud, I have no idea.

The overall avatar is not bad. Better than I would expect for a free avatar, but IMHO, all the other issues kinda makes this not an attractive choice and LL should not be giving newbies avatars that are guaranteed to break by simply holding something.

Argus Collingwood wrote:

Saw the lycan the other day;-)

Snapshot-_-Two-Moon-Paradise,-Two-Moon-Paradise-(173,-44,-22).jpg

I bought a mesh skirt the other day that was shaped just like this! The skirt's creator is a friend of mine and when I asked her about it she said that it's a mesh issue and she can't fix it so she gave me my money back. I don't know anything about mesh but would like to know why mesh objects sometimes appear to be ovals that can't be edited to look like they're supposed to.

Jeanne

That shape has nothing at all to do with the mesh item, but it has everything to do with the viewer you use. Personally, I have a hard time understanding why any1 still uses any old viewer. The newer viewers have many more features and is 1000 times more cutomizable. Plus, you can see mesh correctly. If you ask me, LL has failed massively at informing residents about mesh.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3433 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.