ADULT Hub Operational

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The new adult hub is now operational, and featured in the Destination Guide (DG), http://secondlife.com/destinations/adult/newcomer. This is a great place to start exploring the adult side of SecondLife. The hub is still being improved, so feedback is welcome. We are now running a 2 week ramp up period to get the hub streamlined and the quirks out of the system, and will launch officially on December 2nd. Stay tuned for updates.

Good luck to the Hubb I  can see it could be a good resource. However can I request 1 thing - Mainly that your very expensive inflexible advertisng boards at the BDSM sim be enabled so that we can count how many hits we are getting. Standard business need for advertisers.

Thanks

^L^

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Lasher Oh for your positive comments! You raise a few issues that should be properly answered.

I am not running the 5 HUB sims to "make big bucks" - and contrary to popular belief, these sims are rented from a realestate agency, who have gotten them from Linden Labs at commercial terms and pay standard monthly fees. So I have tiers to cover, each month.

I can either have many inexpensive shop/ad spaces of fewer and more expensive ones. It is my goal that the sum of all income calculated across all 5 sims, should cover my monthly land fees with an 80% occupancy rate. Initially I have chosen fewer, but rather expensive boards/shop spaces, although the rate varies by the sim based on (anticipated) popularity. I still have a bit of work until I reach my 80% occupancy target.

Smaller startup businesses have asked for less expensive options soI am considering some "small vendor markets", low prim, low price, less central locations but still good locations. If they are a success, I will adjust overall pricing accordingly when I have paid down my "startup costs".

Finally, to your main point Lasher Oh: I was unaware that the boards did not provide a click counter. I have looked at them and can not see why, as the functionality is in them. You can even, as a renter, turn on IM notification when clicked. As board owner I get another menu than the renters, so I need you to contact me inworld (after this weekend) so we can figure out why things are not working as they should.

Kindly

Serjourn Daxter

It is finally the day: People have worked long and hard, builders, designers, staff managers, text writers, scripters, toy makers, landscapers. The result is what you can see now inworld around the sim called simply: Adult HUB.

You land in a sim central to all the adult lands. It has 4 "gateway sims" connected to it. Here you can go south, to a Gor Introduction center called Ipsum Lorem, if you just want "play and no hassle" - go west to the sim called "Adult Hub Sex". If capture games and roleplay are your thing, then go east from the hub, and you find BDSM and Fetish to the north.

The four gateway sims are "appetizers", that is they provide an introduction, but we hope people will use adboards, landmark packs and advice of the staff to find their way into the part of ADULT SL that interests them. We want traffic to flow through us, we want people to like SL and become regulars.

Sims can also do a grid move and juin the rapidly growing continent. That makes them land linked and visible from the hub sims. The BDSM sector is already pretty big. One sim has so far joined on the RP sector and one on the sex sector. None have joined in tge Gor sector yet, so there is a prime location available for the first one to react. Grid moves are (unfortuenately) subject to standard LL move fees (100 or 150 USD depending).

Come have a look, explore and enjoy! All shop areas are open for renting, all adboards likewise. Infopoles help people find their way. And we have room for sims to staff pavillions or parts of a sim. Staffing a pavillion is a great way to profile your sim, and it costs you nothing. Contact me if you are interested.

While I applaud your initiative and your desire to promote it, I do not believe that it is appropriate to advertise an "Adult Sex Hub" or to refer to the "sex sector" in a forum that is classified as General and not only open to 16 year old residents of Second Life, but is open to public view by minors of all ages.

Until LL revise the access capabilities for this forum I think you should be more circumspect in describing what is on offer in the Adult parts of SL.

I also think it is a grave mistake of Linden Lab to condone the advertising of practices involving sex and violence (BDSM is also mentioned) by specifically  posting publicly to promote these.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Archived