Become a "Lord" on SL!

Exavor Diesel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I think it would be a good idea if those who own large amounts of land on SL could be entitled to use an ***exclusive***  title, "Lord" or "Lady". Again, this should be exclusive to those who own large plots of land on SL and their partners. (I.e. the Lady & the Lord)

Why? It's fun and follows old traditions. It would also allow land owners to be recognised for their investment in SL. After all, they're spending hundreds of dollars on SL every month, so why shouldn't they be privilidged in some way? It's also a good novelty and may encourage land sales.

Suggested critiera:

- Must own at least one full estate or the equivalent amount of land.  (65,536sqm)

- Title is automatically lost/revoked as soon as the resident no longer owns at least 1 full estate or the equivalent amount of land

And yes, I know we can make up our own titles, but that's not the point as that's not exclusive in any way.

What do you think?

And what about the Linden people themselves? Because of who they are and what they do, would they automatically be Lord Oskar Linden, Sir Rodvik Linden etc?

I think it's a crap idea.

(But then I would, wouldn't I, as I only own 512m.)

Delusions I may have, delusions of grandeur I do not.

Claireschen Hesten wrote:

for content creators and performers they could always bestow the equivalent of knighthoods damehoods OBE's MBE's and CBE's 

That makes a little bit more sense. Sir Stroker Serpentine, Dame Anshe Chung. MMmm likin' that :matte-motes-sarcasm:

But seriously, I would definitely want Torley for King. No one tops him as far as I'm concerned, least of all the more-money-than-sense brigade.

No.

For roleplay, that's wonderful, but for the entire Second Life population? No.

We don't need class systems or status groups officially sanctioned by the lab.

Sim owners, group owners, etc could bestow those titles upon their renters, occupants, etc and I think it is a novel idea, but would not do well for those who do not know care or even despise the titles of Sir and Lady or titles at all.

My social status? Pauper :(

hmmmm

Void Singer, Black Knight, I like the sounds of that lol....

as for Lindens.... we could take a step back a bit further before feudalism, and borrow from the Roman Empire... all Lindena would be Praetors (those protesting a policy could call the CEO Praetor Maximus rather than Emperor)

And for those who are banned by a Lord or a Lady from their land, do they get a title like anarchist, revolutionary, or maybe Robin Hood?

Sounds to me like being able to buy a title, so it's only fair that those who don't have the money to buy a title (which are a lot) have the possibility to earn a title by other means.

I don't like the idea of a financial aristocracy...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.