Darn. You've been logged out?

Hitta Doobie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4087 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I cant login still after 2days?  I've tried different locations and manually cleared my cache.....

After I log in and arrive in-world I get logged right back out. Sometimes its sending a crash report. i've uninstalled Viewer 2 and re-installed making sure to restart computer. I have checked internet & thats good but i still reset router&modem for good measure.  I have given long periods of time in-between log-ins just in case it thinks i'm still logged in. i'm arriving in the new locations, but it does load fully (the region, and i'm a fog) and after less than a minute i'm booted.

Every time I am getting the little box that says you"Darn, You have been logged out. Area may be experiencing trouble or check internet"

but like i said, i'm reaching new locations and my internet connection seems fine.

These symptoms suggest a connection proble,  maybe a router failure.  SL uses ports not used by many other programs, so you can have problems in SLand no where else.  Here is information I have picked up: 

Login fails? Lots of logouts?

http://virtualoutworlding.blogspot.com/2011/10/kit-login-fails-lots-of-logouts.html

Troubleshoot Your #SL Connection

http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

TKR

• 1 year later...

There is a very easy solution to this. It's probably just the open notifications that are making your viewer crash. Just do this: 1. When you get the "Darn. You have been... etc." message, don't click on "Quit". Click on "view IMs" instead. 2. On the upper right corner, you'll see the "Notifications" button: it's a little rectangle resembling an envelope with the number 994 (that's the number of open notifications when the viewer stops counting). Right click on it and click "Close All". You'll need to wait a few seconds until your computer deletes the open notifications. (If your viewer crashes while doing this, try it again in some protected region like Smith. If you still crash, try closing manually a few notifications. But probably you won't need to do any of this.) 3. Quit and relog. This should fix it. After that you only need to remember closing the open notifications from time to time!  :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4087 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.