MAJOR Marketplace Issues with Delivery and Payment

JD Hansen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4536 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

MAJOR MARKETPLACE :: DELIVERY ISSUES + Payments Not showing up in SL Account (~!~)

Oh Boy... what a mess.

Today Im having major issues on the Marketplace with my sales not getting delivered
to clients and my sales not showing up in my secondlife.com transaction history account.

But I have a history of all the sales.

My magic box is online and I did a test delivery. It sent me the merch. Works Fine!!!

SL Marketplace Account ::: Looking in my Merchant Account / Transaction History

My SL marketplace account shows about half of todays sales were Partially Delivered
or Being Delivered.

When I click onView Order it shows the info and Undelivered. And for Action: it says
Not Available for Re-Delivery.

I have no idea what the Marketplace team is doing today but something has
gone really wrong.

JD Hansen

I also updated my majoc box to the newest version.

BORKAPOLOOZA...

Heres the scoop. I got a friend to do a item delivery test tonight.

He paid for the item. Waited and it was delivered to him. He passed it to me to confirm he got it.
I get NO EMAIL and NO L$. Now looking in my SL Marketplace Account I see this... Proof of Sale

• Number of items in order: 1
  • Number of items from your store: 1
  • Total charged by your store: L$2,499
  • Total received by your store before fees: L$0
  • Customer: Clif Sharktooth

Funny that Clif got the item inworld and I get NO L$ ~!!!

COMMERCE TEAM PLEASE HELP AND FIX!!!!!

File a JIRA.  We have reported this kind of thing before -- also that sales happen and we get no notification at all -- but it is hard to report how often it happens because unless the customer happens to contact us, we have no way of knowing when people are buying things we don't get paid for or notified of.

Does it seem to be essentially the same thing happening each time so far, or a series of different things which have the same practical effect?

If the explanation is that it's the same thing, I would consider that to be a sign of mere incompetence on someone's part.

If the explanation is that it's a series of different things which each produce the same effect, I think it should be easy for the rest of you to see why I would consider that to be a little bit suspicious.

No?

JD, make sure you check the "Magic box status" page (from the SLM Merchant Home page, use Inventory > Magic box status) to ensure the only "Servers" (Magic Boxes) shown are those actually rezzed and operational. Remove the bogus ones or, the preferred method ...

Remove them all then go In-World and manually reset each one using the menu (Touch once then choose Reset from the menu). Wait for each one to reset completely before moving on. When done, go to the Manage Inventory page and "Sync Marketplace with magic boxes".

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/Customers-receiving-Marketplace-items-that-I-am-not-paid-for/m-p/1237931/highlight/false#M12123

I just posted on a similar though not identicle issue. I have also filed a ticket because I am now concerned how many are getting my textures quite unwittingly for free!

Compared to some merchants my takings are small fry, I feel even more sorry for anyone selling expensive items!

Well after some banter with Dakota Linden we have come to a fix I hope. I replaced the scripts in my Magic Box and added a second box for a backup. So hopefully this resolves the issues. I'll know after about 12-24hrs of monitoring this.

Hope you have a fix to your situations.

Good luck!

JD

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4536 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.