Sign in to follow this  
JoeC Mixmaster

Music titles displaying in nearby chat

2 suggestions both for thenearby chat alerts.

1, I really like the song titles feature in firestorm. It would be great if that could be brought over to the main second life viewer, so when music is played it will show you i nchat as system emssages what song is playing currently. Example: [16:14] Now playing: Carpenters - Superstar

2, another nice feature is the friends offline/online in local chat. It would be nice if this could be put in the main viewer as well. As well as allowing tabbed main chat history window to have ims docked in it like in firestorm so there is one central window to focus on for ims and local chat.

3. Auto response. In firestorm there is an option to enable an autoresponse mode, which will send autoresponces  to IMs without having to enter busy mode. This way if someone sends yo uinventory or if you are shopping on the marketplace, you will still receive your items. I think this should be added to the main viewer  as well.

About #2 (tabbed IMs), Chat and IMs tabbed in the same window.  LL Viewer 1, it was the Communicate button, and yes, I'm with you, bring it back.  Or keep the Chat button as it is now in the Toolbar and add an IM button to the Toolbar to work like the old Communicate button did, but just IMs, not Chat.  I have never tried Phoenix or Firestorm so don't know how they work, but Imprudence has the Communicate button that works like that. A must have.