Isn't the system shabby at the moment ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4516 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been a TPV user for the past few years, but recently started using the latest development viewer.  I love the minimal/configurable interface, and while it does not have all the features of, it runs superbly for me, as well as or possibly better than Phoenix/Firestorm. 

Kenbro Utu wrote:

I have been a TPV user for the past few years, but recently started using the latest development viewer.  I love the minimal/configurable interface, and while it does not have all the features of, it runs superbly for me, as well as or possibly better than Phoenix/Firestorm. 

I am a very adamant supporter of "Your World, Your Choice of Viewers."  I do not criticize anyone for their choice but say use what works best for you.  You name the viewer, I can probably name some one who has had a terrible experience with it or finds it the most awesome thing ever.

I haven't tried the current official LL iteration so I can only speak to my experience that up till now I get my best performance with FireStorm.  I'm happy with the way things are working for me atm though I know I am going to need in the not too distant future to upgrade to a mesh viewer.  When that happens I will again use what works best for me be it official or TPV.

If anything should astound us it is that people working on their own time without remuneration have put together modular viewers when at the time Viewer 2 was launched, the company that we spend our hard earned money with acted like it couldn't be done!

I loved Firestorm Mesh-Beta, but search will absolutely not work for me in that.  Just a blank window opens.  The development viewers are just that, still in development, but they are doing something correct with them.  My wife has a rather sizeable inventory, and has not been involved much in SL for health reasons in quite a while.  While attempting recently to log-in again, she was unable to fully log-in with either rendition of Firestorm, neither mesh or non-mesh, but she can log in to the development viewer effortlessly, and this on a lower spec machine for SL.  So beyond the UI that I love, the development viewer seems to run well.

Maelstrom Janus wrote:

In over four years in SL I cant remember the service being as poor as it is at them moment, loss of tp, crashes, scripts and huds going out of control...talk about giving power to companies to enforce their tos, its about time something gave fee paying consumers more rights to expect a service which does what its supposed to....

I have a not very great computer, but I'm finding SL running much better than it did during my early months (2007/08).  Sure, things could be better, but each week a new set of fixes and upgrades are rolled out to the main grid.  Unfortunately, the results of these don't always go exactly to plan.

If every resident was using the exact same piece of equipment to access Second Life, and if we all had the exact same broadband connection, then maybe we'd have reason to complain if things were a bit more rickety one week than a previous week.  But we're not, and LL are attempting to keep a running program, where a hell of a lot of user created content is added, and more and more server resources are being worked, so of course there are going to be problems.

I'm in and out on this main account, and on alt accounts, on Phoenix viewer mostly, which I find really works well with this particular computer, and on the latest 3.2 Beta viewer, because I like to test stuff, and I'm not finding many failed teleports; none at all with my alts, one or two with my main, which suggests it's one of my HUDs causing TP issues. 

I am a premium customer, but all things considered, I find Second Life a really value for money hobby. If I had loads of issues with it, I would go find a new hobby. Life is certainly too short to get stressed about virtual reality, when there is enough real stress out in real life.

From this thread title I thought the thread would be about how shabby our unbalanced global financial system is at the moment.

Compared to that mess, SL's systems are running pretty good I think :matte-motes-sunglasses-1:

I predict that in both cases real change of the systems (for the good) is coming fast.

with all the veiwers i have used, i prefered in this order  emerald, emergance, phoenix . now phoenix started to not work properly. i tried uninstall then a reinstll, but when i log in it goes "not responding" and stays thats way which really pi__ed me off. so i went to firestorm. i am not happy with if. the physics are uncontrollable. it seems to take a good while to rezz, search has now started to "not work" or load proerly or at all. sometimes i just wish that people didnt try to fix things that worked. Pheonix was working like magic for me, now this. ppppfffftttttt

Kenbro Utu wrote:

I loved Firestorm Mesh-Beta, but search will absolutely not work for me in that.  Just a blank window opens. 

You may have a virus checker (Norton?) that has disabled the slplugin that is required to use the search feature.  You can try bypassing the virus check on slplugin (see the documentation on the Phoenix website that tells you how) or use a different virus checker.

This was my problem and installing a different virus checker solved the problem.

wiked Anton wrote:

with all the veiwers i have used, i prefered in this order  emerald, emergance, phoenix . now phoenix started to not work properly. i tried uninstall then a reinstll, but when i log in it goes "not responding" and stays thats way which really pi__ed me off. so i went to firestorm. i am not happy with if. the physics are uncontrollable. it seems to take a good while to rezz, search has now started to "not work" or load proerly or at all. sometimes i just wish that people didnt try to fix things that worked. Pheonix was working like magic for me, now this. ppppfffftttttt

Wiked, something needs tweaking at your end. I'm not having any problems with Phoenix, it's still running like a dream for me. The "not responding" thing was happening for me when I was having connection issues a couple of weekends ago.  Reset everything and check drivers. You shouldn't be having the problems.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4516 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.