Avatar getting stuck and than getting kicked off

Pinkyshot Lytton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3598 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have no idea why but a few weeks ago I tried to get on and play, but my avatar got stuck in one place. When I try to detach all my stuff to see if thats the reason it kicks me off and I have no idea how to fix this. I have tried to logg on a few times and every time it does it..I uninstalled sl and reinstalled but still does it. I use sl viewer I havent tried yet to download the other thrid party ones and see if that works. Any help would be awesome.

First I would try to log into another region instead of where you are.  If that does not work, then by all means, install a 3rd party viewer.   When you do get logged in, I would remove any scripted item and clear your cache, then relog in to make sure it is working.

When all is safe, I would try to use your old viewer but you may like the 3rd party viewers better as many of us do.

Pinkyshot Lytton wrote:

I don't my avatar freezes and than it kickes me off...when my avatar stops moving I click on her and try to remove my attachments...I havent tried opening any windows on it it doesn't give me a chance to...lol

When your avatar freezes, there is a connection problem. You can turn and rotate your camera, but cannot walk forward or attach or detach anything. The best thing to do is relog, because if you don't, you will eventually get the message that you have been logged out of SL. Happens a lot. Don't worry about it. It's just one of the many quirks of SL.

I think Randall is on the right track.  It's a connection problem.  A couple things to do.  First reboot (or power cycle) your modem and router.  You do that by unplugging them from their electrical source and leaving them unplugged for 3 to 5 minutes.  Plug them back in and reboot your computer (that's the easiest way to reestablish your Internet connection.  That fixes the problem the majority of times.  And the other is, as Randall mentioned, if you are connected wirelessly to your router or modem, then get some Cat5e Ethernet cable and hardwire your connection instead........wireless connections are subject to way too many potential interference issues, weak or varying signal strength for SL to work reliably.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3598 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.