How do I get my Avatar to have my same face as a photo I have of a real person?

Cora25

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1374 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

12 answers to this question

There is a skin maker that does photoreal but cannot remember the name so you would need to search around.  However, the photoreal ends up looking pretty scary imo. 

Another solution would be to make a avie that resembles the look you want vs trying to clone the RL picture.  You would do that by first making a rough draft of a shape that gives you the right framework ie height, body shape, shape of nose, size shape of eye etc.  Once you have the draft shape go to all the skin makers and look for skins that resemble the look you want.  Do NOT buy a skin yet, just grab up demos. Then go to hair shops and grab up demos of hair  you think would work.  Eyes you cannot demo so you will need to look carefully at the eye colors for one that matches and buy those. Go home wear the eyes and try the hair and skins on with the draft shape you made.  Once you find the correct skin and hair, try tweaking the shape to get the resemblance closer.  When you are satisfied with the look then you go buy the skin.  Good luck to you!

I have never understood why anyone wants to do that, but I have seen this question several times over the years.  It's difficult enough to make realistic looking skins and match them to shapes that look "normal".  Making them look like a specific person is very difficult.  There are a few true experts in SL, but they charge megabucks for their custom work (not mega L$, but real dollars).  If you want to try it yourself, start with baby steps, by learning how to create skins.  You'll find a few tutorials listed at >>> http://forums-archive.secondlife.com/109/07/327603/1.html.

Second Skin Lab was a 2010 thing (ref). Their website is gone. 

One can put a photograph of their face and head into an SL skin and wear it. I looked for those tutorials. They were around in 2010. But, I can't find any of them now.

There is this old, long, and very complete tutorial on making Second Life skin. I think you can figure out how to use a photo to make the skin. There are tutorials for making skin with Photoshop that explain various ways to unfold the skin for use in VW modeling.

i used this Tool since more then 8 Years now and works still good but is not longer available..

another Tool i use is this 
43b3e4bcd6e124e8b1f07f92eb433ca2.gif

is really simple with a nice photo no hairs in the face no simling... are just 2 mouseclicks for a head tattoo but still a lot of photoshop work but it works good too right^^

@Lindal Kidd

well it was a non public old admin Tool

from 2007 of Cranial Tap was located at Avatar Island 

Carnial had a Store there

where he sold the custom made Skins in minutes 

One texture means head was 2700L$ and full skin for 5700L$.  

Means all 3 standard SL UV Map based textures generated with the tool right... Look👇

713548e94f1477e1cafeb2535ec222a8.gif.99ebcfeb3cba0cd5c6f36ffdfeb666f0.gif

and the 3 generated Textures from the Tool with this Photo looks then like this... without of my nametag of course...

Unbenannt.thumb.jpg.5e8d5911a202e38dae471fe5331ee2e8.jpg

so how you see the body upper and lower looks really generic but the head still need a lot of Work in Photoshop especially the mouth see...?

but then after few hours you have a great Skin or a Facetattoo right...

but anyway both of them are not longer in SL anymore...

Edited by TakeOver Laughton
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1374 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.