MLPv2 HUD question

Riffey4 DeGroot

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4544 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm working on a MLP object. I got the basics, I can add stuff and rez objects and so on. But when I wear the object as a HUD everything is rotated, both poseballs and rezzed objects. I tried rotating the HUD but that doesnt seem to make any difference. It's a pain to rotate everything one object at a time. Am I missing something? Is there a way to make everything rez the same way with the rezzed object and when I'm wearing it as a HUD?

The only way to make a hud of any sort without collapsing in tears of rage and frustration at some point -- I learned this the hard way -- is to make sure the hud's default rotation is ZERO_ROTATION.   In practical terms, that means making sure that the side facing your viewer is side 4 of a standard cube (that is, the one the red arrow goes into when first you rez the prim, or at any time when you have your ruler set to local rather than world mode).

So, if I was making a MLPV hud -- and this is good practice anyway, when you're making MLPV furniture (my business partner and I would go insane if we didn't) -- you need to make sure that the prim containing the MLPV scripts is rotated at ZERO_ROTATION when you start.   That is, check that the numbers in the rotation spinners in the second tab of the edit box are all at 0.0.   

Then -- at least I find it helps -- colour face 2 of the prim (the one the red arrow comes out of) red and face 4 blue, and that way you know where the front and back of the prim are.   Then you can set up your poses and props on the basis that things that you set up to rez forwards of the red side or behind the blue side (or right and left) will always then rez in front of you or behind you when you're wearing it as a hud.

You're still going to have to find a way of dealing with the fact that, when you're wearing it as a hud, the MLPV scripts will take their vertical orientation from your centre, so something you set to rez 1 metre in front of the prim will, when you're wearing it as a hud, always rez 1 metre in front of the way you're facing,  just below waist level (no matter how tall you are).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4544 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.