Grey Avatars after Tp'ing!!!

Emil Praga

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4537 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's really just a matter of all the images loading. If your PC isnt powerfull enough, it may take a bit to render and distance has some play into this.  On a crowded sim, you just pretty much have to wait until all the images load.

New avi's loading faster is just a function of cache and the asset servers, sort of like rebake.

I have the same problem, but I found a quick fix. I can't explain why it works, but it always does. Go into your groups tab and activate a dfferent group than what you have, which would be 'none' or another group. You can put it back to the original one right after that. People will immediately pop into color. It force rezzes the room. Awesome every time.

Simerion

I use SL 3 viewer, i have an Intel 8300 Quad 2500 mhz, 3 GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 460 1 GB, and i always get over 25 FPS in crowded places and over 100 FPS in empty places at High graphics customized towards ULTRA, the question is... why it rezzes super fast after i relog in the same place? 

And no i dont have wireless i have Fiber Link or cable/DSL whatever it is called the bandwith its ok even on external web

Test on New York>>> http://www.speedtest.net/result/1593039797.png

Test on my Region>>> http://www.speedtest.net/result/1593041872.png

Sometimes I think it's just SL, and somehow the data coming from the asset servers seems to get lost opr held up. Avatars come partly from the baking process, so it's a different part of the asset database. Effectively it seems that any action that involves sending a new request usually works, such as relogging, rebaking, changing groups or other things affecting the data pipeline.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4537 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.