Linden Labs THEFT in Second Life.

Smoke Carter

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4545 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have been a member of SL for 4 years now.  During that time I have experianced a lot of problems, stemming MAINLY from Linden Labs, which you seem not to care doing anything about.  I was a premium member until you refused to take my money, from several sources (PayPal, European Credit Cards, from my account), and you suspended my account.  Only with luck did I find a credit card you were willing to accept....then cancelled my premium membership so it would not happen again.  All the while you were insisting that my credit was bad, KNOWING it was an internal problem with LL payment department.  All that to the side, I am writing now about "disappearing items" from the inventory.  4 years ago you contented yourselves with stealing (there is no other word for it) an item here or there.  Starting this year, however, entire folders are being taken out of my inventory.  4 months ago it was the entire contents of my "building tools" folder.....which took me a long time to amass and I have not even gotten the half back.  NOW, I see, you have gotten your grimy little fingers on my "Objects working" folder....along with a lot of things still in the process of being created, and a LOT of my building sculpties that I use as a unit (belts, sculpted skirts, buckles, bows and ribbons, etc).

While I know you will do nothing to replace these items which cost both MUCH time and money, I would just like an answer as to how much you think your customers will stand for?  I realize you are stealing to enhance the flow of L$, a lot of people will spend to replace them, but by stealing whole folders you have gotten into the point where you are into MAJOR THEFT.....yes, you can get hundreds of real, live, American Dollars........

If you have any type of conscience, or feel the least amount of pity, you would attempt to retrieve these things.  I know it is possible as you have done it before when threatened with a lawsuit (you stole an entire SIM with contents), which just might happen again if enough customers get together.  Perhaps that is my answer......anyone up for a class action suit????????? 

Smoke Carter aka Zane Johnston (KZaneJohnston@yahoo.de)

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

Support will help to resolve lost Inventory items but you must follow a few Inventory recovery steps before Support will help.

Recently, some mega prims were removed from SL, LL has this right. If any of your lost items are from those creators, that could be an explaination.

You will have to initiate any recovery actions through Support, if you wish to pursue the matter.

I've also been a Member for about 4 1/2 years, I've lost one item and it was recovered by Support with a "repairing folders" message at Login.

I was motivated to reply because you mentioned payments. Second Life is a Company that operates with the permission of a State and the State answers to the Federal government, Linden Lab does not set or create Global Monetary Policy.

Contact the International Monetary Fund, the World Bank or the Federal Reserve, and let them know that they are doing a crappy Job.

I get fired up just like you when I see or experience an injustice. From my experiences in SL, it is extremely unlikely that anyone from the Lab would willfully take your property.

You should start by trying the standard recovery steps and if that doesn't work, contact Support and detail the item(s) lost and the recovery steps attempted.

In addition, if you truly believe that there is a Linden accessing Inventories without Authorization, you should file a Report about it. Stick to the facts as you know them, avoid personal attacks, stay in honor.  

• Like 3

Knowl has provided you with excellent advice.

Also, please understand that residents just like you answer questions in this Answers forum, not Linden Lab.  So, when you write 'you' in an accusitory way, you are addressing your fellow residents.

Linden Lab operates the Billing helpline open 24/7 and the official support desk. 

• Like 1

Support never helped me recover anything. I had a L10K bed that vanished as i rezzed it. nothing recovered it. Also had many folders disappear and nothing has been recovered and noone has helped me recover anything. Of course if you do get a lawyer then you must show that you made everyeffort to recover your items and followed all of the steps that don't really work for truely lost inventory. Good Luck.

• Like 1

Your message here may fall on sympathetic resident eyes but none from LL will see it.  This is a resident only forum, full of folks just like you.  We are full of advice and opinions, but have no more power or authority than you do..  If you want to talk to Lindens you need to call them, write them or file a ticket. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4545 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.