Second Life and Google and IMVU

Mayalily

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4544 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Lately, oh about three days or so, every time I type in SECOND LIFE in my Google bar, the search it puts at the top is this:

Better Life, and then some other words, and then IMVU with some votes cast towards IMVU.

Why is this going on the top of the search when I type in Second Life and it puts up Better Life, which is IMVU?

How do I take a screen shot of this to show what is going on here with Google?  I have clicked on Better Life a couple of times now, and that opens IMVU.   

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

It is an ad. At the top right of the tan square, it says ad.

To take a screenshot, press CTRL Print Screen, then open up a program such as Word and right click to paste your screen capture.

Oh I never used that key before (thanks) however this new machine isn't all loaded yet with software as we had to redo the whole OS over again a few days ago.  I checked for word in the machine, I don't see it. 

Anyhow, I saw in the other thread it was 2nd life.  But, when I type in Second Life with the whole words, Better Life (IMVU) appears at the top and there are some votes at the end, and simply because of an ad?  I thought Google was a keyword searching engine and second and better are certainly very different words. 

Anyhow, I've clicked on the top link 2-3 times now, and that is IMVU over these past few days.  Perhaps time to put SL in bookmarks then?

Mayalily wrote:

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

To take a screenshot, press CTRL Print Screen, then open up a program such as Word and right click to paste your screen capture.

Oh I never used that key before (thanks) however this new machine isn't all loaded yet with software as we had to redo the whole OS over again a few days ago.  I checked for word in the machine, I don't see it. 

Anyhow, I saw in the other thread it was 2nd life.  But, when I type in Second Life with the whole words, Better Life (IMVU) appears at the top and there are some votes at the end, and simply because of an ad?  I thought Google was a keyword searching engine and second and better are certainly very different words. 

Anyhow, I've clicked on the top link 2-3 times now, and that is IMVU over these past few days.  Perhaps time to put SL in bookmarks then?

Eh?

You mean you Google to Second Life all the time AND you manage to keep clicking on an Ad that clearly links to another Virtual World? Hm. Okay, whatever.

Anyway, paid ads are easy to spot on Google, see screenshot (I am sure you will understand my google speaks Dutch to me, the text in top right says: advertisement) :

google_ad.png

Umm...yup it is clearly marked as an Ad.  Plus on my browser, Firefox, the ad is  surrounded by a lightly colored box (it is special).  Of course, I use glasses when reading or using my computer so maybe that is why i see it.  :matte-motes-bored:

ETA:  If your browser behaves normally, you should not have to bookmark the website, rather you can click the down arrow on the address line and a drop down box should have the webpage listed.  At least, mine does.

Venus Petrov wrote:

Welcome back Rudi.  I hope you enjoyed your holiday.

Thank you Venus. I may be leaving for another, perhaps more extended vacation soon, as it is the start of Summer here in South Afrikaa, as I have just pointed out to the discriminating community administrators over in the "Winter" subforum.

Rud

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Mayalily wrote:

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Eh?

You mean you Google to Second Life all the time AND you manage to keep clicking on an Ad that clearly links to another Virtual World? Hm. Okay, whatever.

Anyway, paid ads are easy to spot on Google, see screenshot (I am sure you will understand my google speaks Dutch to me, the text in top right says:
advertisement
) :

google_ad.png

I never said I clicked the link that says Better Life all the time.  I clearly wrote I clicked it a few times, and I use the enlarge font feature so when I checked just now the ad line that I have does not look like that.  The ad word on my screen is this teeny tiny thing.  Sheesh, the rudness on this board is beyond belief. 

Mayalily wrote:

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Mayalily wrote:

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Eh?

Anyway, paid ads are easy to spot on Google, see screenshot (I am sure you will understand my google speaks Dutch to me, the text in top right says:
advertisement
) :

google_ad.png

I never said I clicked the link that says Better Life all the time.  I clearly wrote I clicked it a few times, and I use the enlarge font feature so when I checked just now the ad line that I have does not look like that.  The ad word on my screen is this teeny tiny thing.  Sheesh, the rudness on this board is beyond belief. 

I do not see rudeness. Guess it's my browser too then.

Mayalily wrote:

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Mayalily wrote:

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Eh?

advertisement
) :

google_ad.png

You wrote that you clicked IMVU.  If you look at the snap Caity placed as illustration, you will see that 'Better Life *is* IMVU (see small url under Better Life).

Rude for Caity to place an aid to help explain and illustrate?  I think not.

Just today you sought help in finding a nice Christmas tree.  I believe others 'on this board' helped, yes?

Venus Petrov wrote:

Mayalily wrote:

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Mayalily wrote:

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Eh?

advertisement
) :

google_ad.png

You wrote that you clicked IMVU.  If you look at the snap Caity placed as illustration, you will see that 'Better Life *is* IMVU (see small url under Better Life).

Rude for Caity to place an aid to help explain and illustrate?  I think not.

Just today you sought help in finding a nice Christmas tree.  I believe others 'on this board' helped, yes?

No, with enlarge font it looks nothing like that screenshot.  The ad word was so teeny tiny, I never noticed it.  With enlarged font, the word ad is far, far smaller than say a period to any letter in this post.

Anyhow, I'm not going to take the time to explain enlarge font how it looks and the extreme difficulties I have been having with enlarge font with any browser since switched to Windows 7.  On XP, enlarge font stayed, worked great.  With Windows 7, it sort of works on Windows but when enlarge font is the right size, it cuts off part of a sentence.  I know about the + and - and control + mouse scrolling as shortcuts, but on XP is just used to stay to the size you wanted it.

Anyhow, onto the subject matter.  I just checked on Google, and better life (IMVU) is now second.  hahaha   Something got changed around overnight. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4544 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.