Why is my estate unusable due to crippling lag? Restarts do not help, often they make It worse.

Bunderwahl Guisse

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4545 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

It is not dependent on people on sim.. It doesn't seem to affect my competitors as I have TP'ed to other sims like mine with more people and scripts.

Does LL use different hardware on different servers? My sim is Dark Alley and we depend on visitors and shop owners to keep It open but when people can not even walk after a restart, constant crashes, chat lag, not being able to change or save chat logs the end is nigh

5 answers to this question

Your sim's problem may be related to this current issue ....

Ongoing Issue with Offline Regions

Posted by Status Desk on November 12th, 2011 at 10:29 am PST

[postED 10:28AM PST, 12 November 2011] We are aware of a problem that causes regions to go offline more frequently than normal.  Our developers were alerted to the issue over the weekend and continue to work around the clock towards a solution.  We understand how disruptive this is to your inworld experience.  If your region is offline, please go to your support portal and submit a case using the following types:  “Land & Region” > “Report an Offline Region”.  This queue is being closely monitored to ensure the fastest turnaround possible.  We will post an update as soon as we have more information on resolution.

• Like 1

The post that Rolig put up I think is appropriate because I have noticed that the SIMS that have the frequent crash problems also suffer from the incredible, unexplained lag problem you are describing. When Linden find a solution to this not new issue, you will hopefully find that your lag problem will also be sorted.

Best option if it is a Mainland region is to post a support ticket here then the Lindens can look into your specific area.  They may not be aware that particular server is suffering an issue, so if you sit and wait it may not happen.  If the issue is related to any current known issues at least you can be sure your sim will be under review.

If it is an island, then you need to chase the private island owner.

Are you allowing too many objects, avatars or scripts on the SIM? This will create lag and is your responsibility to fix.

Mainland sim

No more then 13,000-13,750 objects.

No more the 1000 actually running scripts at any one time.

No more the 35-40 avatars on the SIM at anyone time.

This is a general guide, only. Actually, best performance is determined by a rough formula and can fluctuate depending on usage. Changing one variable will change the others thereby effecting performance.

Is there a hidden griever object running on your SIM using up your resources?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4545 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.