Need Some Help Finding a Christmas Tree

Mayalily

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1456 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I've searched at least ten places for Christmas trees inworld and haven't come up with anything I've liked as some look too cardboardy to me and not very 3D. 

Anyone have any suggestions where there is a huge selection of Christmas trees that I can look at?  I searched for a Fae or Elven tree and didn't find anything either, though would love a tree in a Fae style if there are any.  (I have a Fae tree in rl with Fae's, butterflies, flower ornaments, etc, but haven't seen anything like this inworld or on MP). Also, one decorated with Angels or at least an Angel on the top of the tree in a traditional style I might also like, but with inworld search I haven't found anything I like. 

Also, any ideas on what might not look so cardboardy?  Any good sculpty trees out there that might look a little more 3D?  I'd like to find some places with a large assortment.  Also, I purchased an inexpensive tree on MP, but it was very tiny.  So, for a tree, I'd prefer inworld looking only. 

If you have any good suggestions and about how many prims to not have such a cardboardy looking tree would be appreciated.  My search has been getting me nowhere close to finding anything. 

--||-

Storm Clarence wrote:

Requests the moderators move this "wanted" request to the proper sub-forum Commerce>Wanted.

Oh, I didn't look at the main place they placed this.  I just read the title which said "discuss as related to the holidays" or however it was phrased. 

Wanted was my first thought, then I quickly glanced and saw they created this area, but this is about events for the Winter and Holiday season.

Sorry, my mistake.  I hope someone has some suggestions, as I have been searching about a week, but the places I search only have like perhaps five choices at most.  I'm looking for some places with lots of trees to look at. 

Lyra Blackthorne wrote:

try Botanical

Botanical.  Thanks, I'll head there now.  I hope I can find a tree soon.  I would really love that!  Thanks, and off I go!

ETA:  Bought it, it was perfect and not cardboardy looking either.  And, the lighting effects are lovely!  I'm done with my Christmas decorating now!  I had stockings up already and put some pies out and an angel, and now I'm done!  Thanks for a perfect suggestion; the lighting effects on the tree are terrific.  I couldn't be more pleased, and I'm done, too! 

How much do you want to spend?

I bought an excellent sculpty tree, very realistic, last year. But it cost 10,000 and that wasn't even the large size! And it's no copy.

I would also recommend Minke Bailey, who has some nice sculpt Christmas decorations, including trees, for much more reasonable prices, and they are copyable. Just look up her profile in world to find her shop.

OK after some digging and searching I Located some info for you.

THe person who makes the sculpty tree that I believe is the best in SL is Leni Galli. 

The tree isn't cheap - the 10 meter tall one costs 9600L and I can't remember what the huge tree cost. I think the huge version is 40 meters tall and 40,000L.  It's a showstopper if you have a huge mall or sim to decorate. The 10 meter one was just fine for me, and for most purposes. It fit inside a gazebo I had.

The sim is called Sculptiewood. Here are pix and a SLurl.

Christmas tree - best in SL 10m.png

The next pic is of the huge tree. The sculpts don't deform from a distance, the candles glow, and the ornaments show reflections in them.

Christmas tree - best in SL.png

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Sculptie%20Wonder/209/7/22

Another person who makes great stuff is Leyla Firefly. Her shop is Belle Belle. I couldn't find a Christmas shop, but I bought some amazing ilghts there one year. It's a little pricey also, but I finally bit the bullet on some of this stuff. And it's the stuff I look forward to rezzing and know it will look right, as opposed to 'meh.'  It just performs correctly - it's top level stuff.  So I guess just search closer to Christmas and maybe she will have her holiday stuff out then?

I also agree that Julia Hathor's Nirvana sims, and the Botanical sim, are great. Botanical has some great simple outdoor trees with subtle lights on them. You could dress those up with other natural forest things. 

Hope that helps.

I have lots of nice Christmas Trees at my place, I have some low prim ones and The Ultimate Christmas Tree which has millions of decoration and colour combinations and is very bushy and 3D.

Although I like the one depicted above, like almost every Christmas Tree in Second Life, it's made according to a popular misconception. If I ask you to draw a Christmas Tree you will probably start at the top draw a curve out and down and then a shorter curve back in again and repeat this getting progressively larger towards the bottom, this is how we all learn to draw Christmas Trees in School and consequently we all think this is what they look like.

Look at images of Christmas Trees, you will notice that the branches do not slope down but in fact slope up or sometimes grow at right angles to the trunk, with the sloping up more pronounced towards the top, so if you want a tree thats actually the right way up, you are probably gonna have to buy mine : ) 

• 8 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1456 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.