I have an LLCOMMON.DLL issue with all SL Viewers and cannot log in to SL

joncarlos1488304256

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4519 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am at my wits end with Second Life and I hope you can direct my problem to an appropriate person to resolve.

The problem is this. I have used Second Life successfully for 10 months with various viewers but from Friday evening 11th November at 10pm GMT, 2pm SL time, I have been unable to log onto Second Life with any viewer, including SL Viewer. When I launch Second Life, the progress bar gets as far as 'loading fonts' then tells me that the program is not working with the following associated details :-

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: SecondLife.exe
Application Version: 3.2.0.47835
Application Timestamp: 4eb2ea9b
Fault Module Name: llcommon.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4eb2e8b7
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00001013
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: aee1
Additional Information 2: 03d00660e74d71d13ed319e465cf7f35
Additional Information 3: e177
Additional Information 4: d6fc9bbfb2700ba08e2a192aae4a2cae

I have two residents and the problems occurs with both. In addition, when I log onto the Second Life website I notice that the other resident is marked as 'online'.

I need to find a solution to this problem as a matter of urgency since I have L$ loaded with both residents and I have commitments to fulfill in Second Life.

Please come back to me as soon as possible with a  solution to my problem.

Regards

JonCarlos

3 answers to this question

I explained this to you yesterday in your original post >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Technical/Why-is-my-SL-viewer-suddenly-crashing-with-an-LLCOMMON-DLL-issue/qaq-p/1227511.  There is a bug in the V2/V3 codebase. There is no consistent solution at the moment.  

There are no Lindens here.  This is a user-to-user public forum and we are all SL residents like you.  If you have helpful observations to make, please post them at that  https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-27066 , as I suggested yesterday.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4519 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.