Sign in to follow this  
Dagmar Heideman

Question For Estate Landlords

For those of you who rent homestead sims, what is your practice with regards to late payment of rent?  Do you try to contact the tenant about it first or do you simply eject them and autoreturn all their stuff when it is past due?  Does it matter if they've been in good standing for months?

Also do you charge an entry/purchase fee and, if you do, how much incentive does that play in whether you try to contact the tenant first, i.e. if you have prospective tenants and therefore a chance to make more money by evicting the old tenant to collect more entry/purchase fee from the new tenant does that influence you in how motivated you would be to try and contact the current tenant before eviction?

I judge the time i allow by how long the tenant has been there and their payment history.  If they always paid on time, then I'll make more of an effort to IM them.    If they are constantly late on their rent, not so much.