Quick easy question

funkilicous

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4543 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

know been asked and answered a million times but I can't find a link to a chart letting me the size of a parcel trying to explain OK I have a 44x40 building is there a chart that lets me know what size parcel to purchase/rent.

thanks

Funky

Well, it has to be at least 44m wide and 40m long, or a total of 1760 sq m to squeeze the building in exactly.  Neither 40 nor 44 is an even  multiple of 16, though, so you really need a lot that is at least 48 m x 48m, or 2304 just to barely fit the building in the smallest custom-shaped lot you could rent for it.  Figuring that most covenant want you to maintain a little free space around your building, though, my guess is that a 64 m x 64m lot is going to work best.

When you're hunting for land to buy switch Show Parcel Lines (or so) on in your viewer. So you can see the exact borders of the parcel you want to purchase.

Also we can now officially make "megaprims" of up to 64x64x64 without any trickery. So it's easy to create a footprint of your house and rezz it on the land (if enabled). See that you have enough space around your house left, as regarded in many covenants if you're going for estate land. Also it's nice to have a bit of  free space around your house for some trees and shrubbery.

When buying on mainland you will come across a lot of irregular sized and shaped parcels. Look at all the parcels bordering Linden roads for example, they are often totally zigzagged and you'll lose a lot of usuable space. Also plan into the future. You might get tired of your house and want a bigger one. In those cases it's good to have extra space to rezz it.

Orca Flotta wrote:

...... So it's easy to create a footprint of your house and rezz it on the land (if enabled). See that you have enough space around your house left, as regarded in many covenants if you're going for estate land. Also it's nice to have a bit of  free space around your house for some trees and shrubbery.

A little trick I've used in places that are not rez enabled is to rez the footprint in a place where rezzing is enabled (like a sandbox), attach it to yourself, and teleport to the location you're checking out.  Then edit the object without detaching it from yourself and move and rotate it to the parcel.  You'll look like an mega-noob for a few minutes but you'll make sure you don't have encroachment issues with neighbors later on.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4543 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.