Moving all own items on a homestead

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4603 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I was working with micro prims at our home and lost them.
To locate them I highlighted all of my items on the island and found them very quick, but when I wanted to move them aside I moved all my stuff on the homestead.

I was not able to move it back to the place where it was before, and since I don't want to change the postion of almost 1'000 items individually I Was wondering how to to move all my stuff at the same time.

Does anybody have an idea how to do that?

• Like 1

I use a drag box or bounding box (that's what I call it). Right click on an object to open the build menu, then click the left mouse button and hold, then drag the mouse, a yellow outlined box should appear, the box will stretch when you drag the mouse.

Before a large move you want to lower some Graphics settings but keep the draw distance high so you can select far off objects. You also want to uncheck Limit my Selection distance if it is selected.. I think it's in the advanced/develop menu.

I don't use the highlight all and I am confused as to; if you used that feature to move then once, why can't you move it again using that method? You don't have to answer that if it requires a lot of typing.

When I move objects I use the grid, I usually have my grid set to 0.100 meter increments, the grid line that appears over or next to the move arrows helps to position items.

Moving 1,000 items might get a bit laggy.

Knowl Paine wrote:

I use a drag box or bounding box (that's what I call it). Right click on an object to open the build menu, then click the left mouse button and hold, then drag the mouse, a yellow outlined box should appear, the box will stretch when you drag the mouse.

By doing so I would move all items and not only my own since my partner gave me permission to move her stuff around.

I don't use the highlight all and I am confused as to; if you used that feature to move then once, why can't you move it again using that method? You don't have to answer that if it requires a lot of typing.

If I knew how that it happened I would do it, that's exactly my question. I moved it accidentally and have no idea how I did.

In the top tool bar under World or Tools should be the feature to select all objects and an additional feature select my objects only should be enabled when you want to move only your objects.

Rez one cube on the Ground, then left mouse click (hold) on the ground next to cube and move your mouse, a yellow box will appear, it's easy to learn. Be sure to enable Select my objects only if that what you want to do. It's in the top tool bar, I don't have my viewer open atm

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4603 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.