THIS UGLY WHITE LINE around the SIM!!!!!!

Mika Palmyra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4703 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ok I read this link (https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SH-2668) about the <glitch in the water problem> and I went to Bikini Bay and moved the waves to all different heights and that ugly large white line on the exterior of the sim is still there.  Also it is not true that no other viewers other than v2 are having the issue. My associate is on a third party viewer (Firestorm) and I am on v2 and we both see a white line.  PLEASE HELP!

2 answers to this question

Just popped over there.  What I see is the water surrounding the sim is higher than the sim Water Height.  The illusion is a square around the sim.  Try setting the water height back to 20 and see if it goes away.

ETA: I read the jira and now it makes sense.  I didn't realize that there was a viewer version that automatically adjusted the surrounding water to the sim water height.

--Cinn

That's right.  The https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SH-2668 bug affects any v iewers using the V2 codebase.  That includes not only LL's own V2 viewer but Firestorm,  Kirsten's, and other viewers using the same codebase.  If you read that JIRA or its equivalent on the Firestorm web site, you probably saw that the fix for it is currently in testing phase, to be included in a future upgrade to LL's V3 viewer..  It has apparently already been incorporated into the upcoming release of Firestorm.  Meanwhile, if the white line really bothers you, use any V1 codebase viewer, like Phoenix.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4703 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.