Sign in to follow this  
Jo Yardley

KIDS' DAYS in 1920s Berlin- 19th & 20th of November

The 1920s Berlin Project is a historically themed Roleplay sim with lots of possibilities for Kids.

To show SL children some of the many options for fun and excitement in our sim and to welcome them into our community we are organising a Special Kids Weekend on November 19th & 20th, sponsored by Old Time Prims, Berliner Post Presse and Weimar!

For 2 days we will be organising special events for our young visitors, come along, bring your pals!
And if you are not a kid, why not try being one?
There will be FREE kids shapes, as well as free outfits provided for boys and girls. There will also be many more 1920s clothes for kids and skins for everyone to try!

The schedule for the weekend is as follows;

Saturday 19th November
11 am: Tour by One of the local kids showing other children around the city, showing the best spots and the top secret club house!
12 pm: Variety show at the Odeon theatre, performers and Open Stage where YOU can perform for tips!
1 pm: Lesson in the school
2 pm: Happy Hour at the bar, kids can quietly sit in a corner and watch crazy adults dancing that weird Charleston dance or make a few tips cleaning tables, collecting empty glasses, etc.
3 pm: Eldorado show (sorry, no kids allowed in that club!
4 pm: Picnic in the park & Story reading (can be combined)
5 pm: Play Tag, run around screaming, having fun and avoiding the grumpy police man!

Sunday 20th November
ALL DAY: Special Winter market next to the Brandenburger Tor with lots of cheap nice stuff!

11 am Cartoon in the cinema, come cheer and shout at the screen!
12 pm Treasure hunt, find some cool kids goodies hidden all over the neighbourhood!
1 pm church, put on your best outfit and quietly listen to the priest
2 pm Happy Hour/donation day, more fun at the Keller bar, kids can work for tips while adults dance and drink, help us reach the tier and get 1920s freebies!
3 pm Free meal and necessities at the soup kitchen for the needy.
4 pm Tour by One of the local kids showing other children around the city, showing the best spots and the top secret club house!
4 pm Hide & seek, lots of fun and chaos, avoiding the grumpy police.

And don't forget to join the Special Berlin Kids group;
secondlife:///app/group/fb44d38e-662b-624d-8178-d7ac0586050d/about
(say in public chat and click or just search for 1920s Berlin Kids)

And check out our Special Berlin Kids Photo group;
"http://www.flickr.com/groups/1920sberlinkinder/">www.flickr.com/groups/1920sberlinkinder/

Here on our website you can find more information and other links as well;
http://www.1920sberlin.com

Hope to see you in Berlin during the Kid's days and after!

The '1920s Berlin Project' is part of the virtual online world called 'Second Life'.
You can visit this city by following this link;
http://slurl.com/secondlife/1920s Berlin/236/232/751

kids day poster big.jpg

6232161041_9a62ca49f3_z.jpg

Oh yes absolutely.

Normal day to day life in Berlin continues for the adults and at 2pm there is our daily happy hour at the bar where kids are allowed but told to behave or get kicked out by the strict owner and on saturday at 3pm there is cabaret and entertainment at the Eldorado, a club that doesn't allow kids.

So for adults there still is plenty to do that isn't all about the kids, but if you want to enjoy Kids' day as an adult you're more then welcome to take part, help out or be a spectator, depending on the event.

Jo Yardley wrote:

Oh yes absolutely.

Normal day to day life in Berlin continues for the adults and at 2pm there is our daily happy hour at the bar where kids are allowed but told to behave or get kicked out by the strict owner and on saturday at 3pm there is cabaret and entertainment at the Eldorado, a club that doesn't allow kids.

So for adults there still is plenty to do that isn't all about the kids, but if you want to enjoy Kids' day as an adult you're more then welcome to take part, help out or be a spectator, depending on the event.

Lovely! I will come as spectator (I am such a lousy roleplayer, sorry!) and this gives me a good reason to go on a shopping spree at the Vintage Fair, heh!

Jo Yardley wrote: there is our daily happy hour at the bar where kids are allowed but told to behave or get kicked out by the strict owner

That sounds like my sort of place!

Rudi

We have just added FREE 1920s clothing and shapes for kids!

You can find them at our teleportplatz area.

Also lots of new children's outfits for sale at a nearby shop.

Having so much fun this weekend. I've NEVER been a kid in SL before (though I get accused of being a child av because my av is short like me--I stopped growing at 13!).

Just had cartoons at the movie theatre. Currently having the treasure hunt. Soon going to have a happy hour (both kids and adults welcome!), and a tour of the sim for kids. This is awesome.

I visited for a while and it was great! I'm not usualy a kid av but it was fun for a bit. Unfortunatly I lagged too much to be able to stay but I'll defenatly visit again, either as an adult or a kid!

Thank you!

Unfortunately Berlin (and many other sims) was hit by a Lag storm I've not experienced in a long time :(

But we still had great fun and it was amazing to see so many kids all dressed up in 1920s gear!

We'll defenitely make this an annual thing and there will be plenty of other kids events coming up!