Greeter Island with Linden Helpers!

Caitlin Tobias

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4392 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Paladin Pinion wrote:

Marigold Devin wrote:

(and I see what you mean about the name badges). 

I wonder if they are using a third-party viewer that has its own non-standard attachment points. That makes attachments appear to be in the wrong position when viewed with the SL viewer.

Well, that's certainly a thought. Maybe the creator of the uniforms was using a third party viewer; the wearers are all on the official Second Life Viewer, as was I when I visited.  They just simply didn't double check all was present and correct.

Tbh though, I don't think newbies will be looking that closely at the Helpers; rather they just want a quick answer to their enquiry, be it "where's da sex", "how do you make money in this game", "I am a cloud" or one of the many other FAQs.

LoveAngeL Lyre wrote:

I noticed today 17th of November that i have no access any more to this location. Anyone else has the same problem or knows what happens ?

Yes, LoveAngel, currently the Greeter Island is only open from 10:00 to 18:00 Second Life time. Outside of those hours, you will get the message you got when you tried to teleport "you do not have access to this location".

But keep checking it, LoveAngel. You know how things can change so quickly in SL.  Already there is a second Greeter Island joined onto the original one (look at the World Map inworld), and also there are other Helper Islands also attached.  It looks like LL has plans to make the Greeter area more, so hopefully it will end up being open 24 hours a day too :matte-motes-grin:

When I have visited Greeter Island on several occasions, I've noticed several oldbie avatars with profile details about them being ex-mentors.  It looks like they are popping in to see if they can help out the Helpers, on an unofficial basis.  If mentoring is in people's blood, no one will be able to stop them from doing it.

It's been really interesting popping in now and then.  Since this thread was started, the original Greeter Island has had a duplicate Greeter Island tacked onto it, along with several other welcome/help islands, so it does look like LL are extending this help facility.

There are some other sims not far from the Greeter Island ones that were accessible today. Really nicely set out, lots of clear tutorials for all the basics, freebies, fun things to interact with.

http://slurl.com/secondlife/SL%20DiscoveryIsland%20Public3/94/64/118

explore 1.jpg

explore 2.jpg

So it does look like the Lindens are listening to us when we make suggestions on how to improve things for new residents, to make them more likely to stay.

• 4 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4392 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.