What's up with my connection?

Merlin Quicksand

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4549 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For the last 3 days, i have had miserable connection problems with SL.  When i check my stats, my bandwidth is below 4 and my Ping SIM is between 30,000 - 60, 000 msecs.  Never had this problem before.  With such long delays, i cannot even move or do anything but have slow conversations.

Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening all of a sudden and what i can do to fix this.

BTW, my ping, outside of SL, while SL is running, is normal.  Even when I ping LL, it is 178 msecs.

Make a note of which types of sim you're on when you're experiencing all the lag - ie whether it's LeTigre, Magnum, BlueSteel, etc.  I'm only guessing, but its sounding like something that got added to the mix during Tuesday's deploys may be causing issues on certain types of sim. 

Hopefully, things will get better during next week's deploy.

Meantime, check your graphics is not set too high, check your own script usage is not too high, or that of other people (you should be able to pick up free script counters on Marketplace - or I can pass you one inworld, just IM me - can be worn as a HUD or rezzed to the ground, shows everyone's script load in the vicinity). 

I'm sure some other suggestions will follow along soon.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4549 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.