Updated Inventory System in Testing on ADITI. Please Join!

Oskar Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4488 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We have made several changes to the inventory system that we expect to improve performance and reliability that we are currently testing on ADITI. We would appreciate it if you would come try it out and give us your feedback.

All of the information that you need is in this wiki page:
- https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/InventoryBetaTest

We have 4 regions on ADITI for testing. I hope you can get a chance to give the changes a try. We will push this code to an RC channel next week unless we find a showstopper. Please take a minute to check things out.

Thanks!

__Oskar

Hi Oskar

I went over and tested at Aditi and conducted the tests requested and all worked fine with the exception of one minor and one as a merchant I would call a show stopper.

The minor issue was I could not drag from an object contents to the ground on the blue or green parcel

the show stopper is if you open an object and select copy to inventory it sends the contents directly to the lost and found. I filed a JIRA on it SVC-7437

Also I tried to drop an attachment on the red and yellow areas but the drop  option wasn't available...not sure if that is intended or not

Hope it was of some help

When i tried to make a new outfit from appearance mode, and saved it with a new folder name:

1. All the new links went to my lost and found.

2. The new folder name appeared in my outfits list in appearance mode but with no links in it.

3. The new folder name appeared in my inventory window, in the my outfits folder and in the current outfit folder, with no links in it.

I was using Second Life 3.2.2 (244666) Nov  8 2011 17:07:43 (Second Life Beta Viewer)

Over on Aditi testing, almost everything looks good!

First exception is that creating a link outfit  is putting a folder in the my outfits folder but all the links in my lost & Found folder!!!   Regular not  link outfits are working fine, if you have no copy items and check use link for them it also drops the link in lost and found... looks like the links are just getting lost on the way to the proper folder .

Also seeing the same drop to lost and found behaviour intermittently  when opening boxes of items.  The same box opened three times, first all to lost and found, then half to lost and found and half to the folder... not sure what that is but it's a definate issue. Is happening to my friend testing with me to, though she's seen some go all to the proper folder. I've tried this with  several different boxes, and moved to the main area of the sandbox to be sure the quirk wasn't with the parcelled bits and it's doing this  fairly consistantly, though it's sort of random if it will put it in the proper folder (which it is creating), the lost and found, or split between them.

Only other quirk, not sure  if it's normal behaviour or not,  no entry parcels block entry of the object, unless you are sitting on them (afraid I dont' normally  use no object entry as I either allow rez or not since I am on a private island estate.

We've updated the code on these regions to resolve the bug reports of items being directed to Lost and Found instead of their intended destination folders. Please take another look! Your help is appreciated putting this code through its paces; we think the end result is going to be a great improvement to inventory reliability for the functions we've tackled in this pass.

As a reminder, the test guidance document is http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/InventoryBetaTest

Thanks!

Stone

• 1 month later...

I would just like to say that the new Inventory system SUCKS.   and SUCKS bad.

I was just flooded with like 15 deliveries from the marketplace from purchaces made on Dec 27t.  Plus I was flooded with replies ( IMs ) to all my hard work of sending IMs to 8 different merchants at the same time.

Whatever you are doing to the inventory system you need to put it back the way it was as it is very frustrating to buy something and not recieve it, Nor recieve the replies from the merchants.  Also, having to take the time to look up 8 merchants, search them to get their profile up 8 times, Write 8 notecards with the time and items purchased, etc. and for the replies to get just as lost as the deliveries????  what's up with that?

I will no longer buy from the marketplace because waiting 10 days, and to inventory maintenances later is entirely too long to wait for your purchaces, and top that off with thinking the merchants just could care less if you recieve it or not because your new inventory system also must apply to IMs as well

It worked better before SL felt they had to buy if from the one who created it..  At least when it was xlstreet my deliveries came in a timely manner.   Now in the hands of big corperation it's a failure, So. be warned, buy at your own risk now that it's in tha hands of SL and the new inventory system

Arghhhh... since logging into aditi, I can no longer access the main grid on my pc, although I am fine using the laptop. I get the "unable to connect" message.

I also seem to be unable to open a support case for log in issues and I am not a premium member.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks - Emma :)

P.S. i've relogged and other websites are working fine on the pc... 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4488 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.