My first moments in Second Life. I remember it well. Do you?

Hippie Bowman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4207 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Coby Foden wrote:

Deltango Vale wrote:

I used to return to the bottom of the lake to log out. Y'see, I thought our bodies remained inworld when we logged out, so I would try to find a hiding place for her.

You have not been alone with that idea. I once met new guy sitting on a hill top facing nice scenery below. We had a short chat, then he said that he must log off. He said "I always come to this spot to logoff". "Why's that?" I asked. He replied "You see, I want that my avatar has something nice to look at while I'm away."

Well, there was a time in my youth when I was wondering where are all the logged off avatars hiding. They surely just cannot vanish at logoff, can they? There must be some hidden place where they are transported during log off. :smileytongue:

LOL!  Would it not be cool if out avatars stayed in SL when we logged!  HEHEH!  Thanks for sharing Coby!

Peace!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suddenly remember why I thought our bodies remained inworld when we logged out. In 2006, there was no Orientation Island. I was born at Ahern. The place was full of people with 'Away' over their heads. Obviously, they had logged out, leaving their avatars to the mercy of the howling mob. I shuddered at the thought of my avatar standing there for twelve hours, slumped over with 'Away' hanging over her head. I don't know where any of you grew up, but, where I come from, a girl standing like that in a public park would get a lot of unwelcome attention.

From the first second I entered Second Life, I perceived it as a world. I've been in similar situations in RL - arriving at the heart of alien cities with alien cultures, not knowing how to do the simplest things, worried that an instinctive hand gesture to a taxi driver might mean "you are impotent" in his symbol system. Does the blue button beside my bed, labeled 'CVTSRX55', mean "room service" or "rape alarm". This is Europe, I'm talking about. Asia was even more confusing. So, when I arrived at Ahern, I was in a new city in a new country with a strangely familiar, but very different culture. Instead of wondering if the power was 110, 220, 230 or 240 volts, so as not to blow up my hair dryer, I struggled to understand why I was wearing two different types of hair at the same time. Learning to fly was equivalent to figuring out how to use a multi-button shower.

For me, SL was never a game, any more than Cairo, Tripoli, Hanoi, Milan, Athens or Berlin were games. Ahern is another city in another country - a new country in which individuals from all over the world can live without flags or passports.

I first discovered SL back in October of 2007.  On my first login, I did the tutorials, changing my shape and learning to fly (sort of).  I wandered around the orientation place, thinking that there really wasn't much to this Second Life.  After a couple hours, I logged out, not having ventured beyond that place.  I thought I would delete SL as soon as I got around to it.  The next day, I looked at that icon and came very close to deleting it.  I still have no idea what made me give it one more chance.

I logged in and found my way to one of the welcome areas where I met a guy who got me hooked on SL!  Not only did he take me around, showing me some of the wonders of SL, the stranger bought me everything I needed so I wouldn't look like a noob.  I had no idea how much or how little he spent in real dollars.  I was amazed at his generosity.   We remained friends for a couple years after that but he's since disappeared.

So, from the beginning, I never really looked like a noob.  Yet, in so many ways, I still am!  Nice thread, Hippie :)

Deltango Vale wrote:

I suddenly remember why I thought our bodies remained inworld when we logged out. In 2006, there was no Orientation Island. I was born at Ahern. The place was full of people with 'Away' over their heads. Obviously, they had logged out, leaving their avatars to the mercy of the howling mob. I shuddered at the thought of my avatar standing there for twelve hours, slumped over with 'Away' hanging over her head. I don't know where any of you grew up, but, where I come from, a girl standing like that in a public park would get a lot of unwelcome attention.

From the first second I entered Second Life, I perceived it as a world. I've been in similar situations in RL - arriving at the heart of alien cities with alien cultures, not knowing how to do the simplest things, worried that an instinctive hand gesture to a taxi driver might mean "you are impotent" in his symbol system. Does the blue button beside my bed, labeled 'CVTSRX55', mean "room service" or "rape alarm". This is Europe, I'm talking about. Asia was even more confusing. So, when I arrived at Ahern, I was in a new city in a new country with a strangely familiar, but very different culture. Instead of wondering if the power was 110, 220, 230 or 240 volts, so as not to blow up my hair dryer, I struggled to understand why I was wearing two different types of hair at the same time. Learning to fly was equivalent to figuring out how to use a multi-button shower.

For me, SL was never a game, any more than Cairo, Tripoli, Hanoi, Milan, Athens or Berlin were games. Ahern is another city in another country - a new country in which individuals from all over the world can live without flags or passports.

Ahh!  I rezzed in 06, August.  Was at a orientation Island.  Hmm!  Maybe they changed it.  I don't know!  LOL!  Thanks for the update Deltango!

Peace!

Sammantha Koppel wrote:

I first discovered SL back in October of 2007.  On my first login, I did the tutorials, changing my shape and learning to fly (sort of).  I wandered around the orientation place, thinking that there really wasn't much to this Second Life.  After a couple hours, I logged out, not having ventured beyond that place.  I thought I would delete SL as soon as I got around to it.  The next day, I looked at that icon and came very close to deleting it.  I still have no idea what made me give it one more chance.

I logged in and found my way to one of the welcome areas where I met a guy who got me hooked on SL!  Not only did he take me around, showing me some of the wonders of SL, the stranger bought me everything I needed so I wouldn't look like a noob.  I had no idea how much or how little he spent in real dollars.  I was amazed at his generosity.   We remained friends for a couple years after that but he's since disappeared.

So, from the beginning, I never really looked like a noob.  Yet, in so many ways, I still am!  Nice thread, Hippie
:)

Ahh!  It was fate that kept you from deleting SL from you computer!  I am glad someone showed you the "ropes".  If more people were lucky like you and I, more would stay!  Dig?  Groovy!  Thank you Sammantha!

Peace!

I love this thread Hippie.

I do remember my first moments, very well. I arrived at Help Island Public in January 2010 but first I have to tell you what lead up to it. Sorry for this being so long, I do ramble at times. 

My partner and I had been members of another virtual world for a few years and a couple of friends from that world left and came across SL. They posted pics on their old profiles from their experiences in SL. 

I was intrigued so I did a bit of research. I watched loads and loads of video's on youtube, including tutorials, I read blogs and I asked friends about it. The one thing they couldn't stress enough was how you need an AO to not walk like a duck lol. After a few months I finally convinced my partner to join with me.

We signed up and arrived on Help Island Public within a few seconds of each other.  We found our way to a corner and just sat down, observed and listened (I do remember being mortified that I sat on a few people on the way lol).  Not long after a lady by the name of Trini very politely and kindly asked us if we needed help. We knew the first thing we wanted to was learn how to change our clothes, buy some skin and shapes and learn the basics, walking, teleporting, communicating etc.  

Trini gave us both complete avi's, skin, eyes, hair, clothes and shapes. She taught us how to set each other up in our friends list so we wouldn't lose each other, taught us how to TP by practicing tp'ing to her and each other and gave us a huge running start to not feeling completely lost and useless. Within about an hour we had transformed into this:

Help Island Public Jan 10.png

I didn't think I still had this pic so thanks Hippy for giving me cause to go in to my inventory and find it, it was in my textures folder! Trini took that pic after spending a good amount of time helping us through the basics.  I offered to pay her but she wouldn't accept.

A few days later, when I realised the extent of effort and amazing help Trini had given us, I again offered to pay her but she refused. She just said "Pay it forward", words I've never forgotten and which I've gladly done when the opportunity presented itself.

I joined the forum a month later and I have to say that I have found a wealth of information here that helped me a lot in the beginning and which continues to help me today.

:smileyvery-happy:

-------------

edited to fix typos

JoJo Moeleneaux wrote:

I love this thread Hippie.

I do remember my first moments, very well. I arrived at Help Island Public in January 2010 but first I have to tell you what lead up to it. Sorry for this being so long, I do ramble at times. 

My partner and I had been members of another virtual world for a few years and a couple of friends from that world left and came across SL. They posted pics on their old profiles from their experiences in SL. 

I was intrigued so I did a bit of research. I watched loads and loads of video's on youtube, including tutorials, I read blogs and I asked friends about it. The one thing they couldn't stress enough was how you need an AO to not walk like a duck lol. After a few months I finally convinced my partner to join with me.

We signed up and arrived on Help Island Public within a few seconds of each other.  We found our way to a corner and just sat down, observed and listened (I do remember being mortified that I sat on a few people on the way lol).  Not long after a lady by the name of Trini very politely and kindly asked us if we needed help. We knew the first thing we wanted to was learn how to change our clothes, buy some skin and shapes and learn the basics, walking, teleporting, communicating etc.  

Trini gave us both complete avi's, skin, eyes, hair, clothes and shapes. She taught us how to set each other up in our friends list so we wouldn't lose each other, taught us how to TP by practicing tp'ing to her and each other and gave us a huge running start to not feeling completely lost and useless. Within about an hour we had transformed into this:

Help Island Public Jan 10.png

I didn't think I still had this pic so thanks Hippy for giving me cause to go in to my inventory and find it, it was in my textures folder! Trini took that pic after spending a good amount of time helping us through the basics.  I offered to pay her but she wouldn't accept.

A few days later, when I realised the extent of effort and amazing help Trini had given us, I again offered to pay her but she refused. She just said "Pay it forward", words I've never forgotten and which I've gladly done when the opportunity presented itself.

I joined the forum a month later and I have to say that I have found a wealth of information here that helped me a lot in the beginning and which continues to help me today.

:smileyvery-happy:

-------------

edited to fix typos

What a wonderfull story!  It took me a bit longer to look that good!  HEHE!  Thanks for sharing here!

Peace!

I first logged into SL in November 2007. I've no idea what the name of my landing point was but I seem to recall there being a largish building there with an expanse of concrete walkways.

After undertaking a few tutorial tasks, in the course of which I managed to shorten the length of my standard issue white t-shirt to reveal a tantalising glimpse of navel, I recall moving quite quickly to an open-air freebie location (which may have adjoined my landing point) where I picked up a "Michael" skin and shape, some eyes, some jeans and a pair of white training shoes/sneakers. I managed to "wear" these items, thereby transforming my appearance. After some difficulty I managed to get rid of the horrible newbie hair. I think I spent about an hour wandering around the freebie location before managing to tp away to begin exploring SL proper. I've no recollection of where I went but was lucky in quickly appreciating how search and tps worked.

I should also perhaps mention that at the freebie location I picked up  a freenis. Sadly I managed to "wear" this item, not realising that it would be visible when I was wearing jeans. I had been exploring SL for a couple of hours before I caught sight of my avatar from the front and realised I had been displaying my "manhood" in its full glory for all to see. Little wonder that no-one spoke to me during that time.   

Ian Undercroft wrote:

I first logged into SL in November 2007. I've no idea what the name of my landing point was but I seem to recall there being a largish building there with an expanse of concrete walkways.

After undertaking a few tutorial tasks, in the course of which I managed to shorten the length of my standard issue white t-shirt to reveal a tantalising glimpse of navel, I recall moving quite quickly to an open-air freebie location (which may have adjoined my landing point) where I picked up a "Michael" skin and shape, some eyes, some jeans and a pair of white training shoes/sneakers. I managed to "wear" these items, thereby transforming my appearance. After some difficulty I managed to get rid of the horrible newbie hair. I think I spent about an hour wandering around the freebie location before managing to tp away to begin exploring SL proper. I've no recollection of where I went but was lucky in quickly appreciating how search and tps worked.

I should also perhaps mention that at the freebie location I picked up  a freenis. Sadly I managed to "wear" this item, not realising that it would be visible when I was wearing jeans. I had been exploring SL for a couple of hours before I caught sight of my avatar from the front and realised I had been displaying my "manhood" in its full glory for all to see. Little wonder that no-one spoke to me during that time.   

Great storu Ian!  Oh yes!  The free male unit!  So funny!  I remember seeing a group of noobs walking around with those.  I bet they had no idea they had it on!  :matte-motes-big-grin:  Thanks for sharing your story here!

Peace!

Great stories here.  I rezzed in February 2007 on Orientation Isle and, as my laptop was not built to handle the graphics very well, I spent what seemed like hours staring at the maps in the circle waiting for them to rez.  I spent three days on Orientation Isle, grabbed the torch, tried to drive a car (it would not let me sit in it), and played around with my shape.  I thought that I was ready for the 'world' so I searched for a place and thought that Laguna Beach sounded nice.  It had a small dance area, a bar, a nice beach, and showers (!).  There were all sorts of avatars there in various stages of dress.  I remember floating on an inner tube in the water waiting for the place to rez.

The fourth day I created some simple outfits using the textures in Library.  I also learned that my hair was NOT the nicest. Hah!  I fixed that as soon as I could.  I went to the Element (maybe it was the 2nd version?  I do not recall).  It was very busy and I did not know how to dance.  A nice guy asked if I would like to dance and we spent about an hour chatting and dancing.  I realized how NEW I looked compared to others there.  In retrospect, it was a very kind thing of him to ask such a n00b to dance.  He gave me a few landmarks.  I found another club where I ended up spending much of my time; met one of my best friends, and learned to DJ.

I spent several weeks without a home but I loved wandering about.  There were so many new sims coming online and there was no shortage of empty spaces to go and rez things.

SL has been a wonderful experience.

Venus Petrov wrote:

Great stories here.  I rezzed in February 2007 on Orientation Isle and, as my laptop was not built to handle the graphics very well, I spent what seemed like hours staring at the maps in the circle waiting for them to rez.  I spent three days on Orientation Isle, grabbed the torch, tried to drive a car (it would not let me sit in it), and played around with my shape.  I thought that I was ready for the 'world' so I searched for a place and thought that Laguna Beach sounded nice.  It had a small dance area, a bar, a nice beach, and showers (!).  There were all sorts of avatars there in various stages of dress.  I remember floating on an inner tube in the water waiting for the place to rez.

The fourth day I created some simple outfits using the textures in Library.  I also learned that my hair was NOT the nicest. Hah!  I fixed that as soon as I could.  I went to the Element (maybe it was the 2nd version?  I do not recall).  It was very busy and I did not know how to dance.  A nice guy asked if I would like to dance and we spent about an hour chatting and dancing.  I realized how NEW I looked compared to others there.  In retrospect, it was a very kind thing of him to ask such a n00b to dance.  He gave me a few landmarks.  I found another club where I ended up spending much of my time; met one of my best friends, and learned to DJ.

I spent several weeks without a home but I loved wandering about.  There were so many new sims coming online and there was no shortage of empty spaces to go and rez things.

SL has been a wonderful experience.

Oh that is a great story Venus my friend!  Thanks for sharing it here!

Peace!

I am not nearly as 'old' as some of you.  I rezzed in Orientation Island in early 2010.  I had never been in any other online worlds and did not come from any kind of technology back ground.  I had never even chatted in any messengers.  Like most things I try, I just winged it.  I went through a few tutorials, never found any freebie places and was afraid to talk to anybody.  I remember panicking and tp'ing away if anyone did IM me.  I couldn't figure out how everyone else seemed to look so good while I had inflexible non-moving helmet hair.  I tried figuring out editing on my own.  I did eventually figure out how to buy new things and unpack boxes using tutorials, also. 

For a looooong time I just wandered around 'listening' to local chat and trying to figure out if I was brave enough to chime in.  I finally accepted a few IM's and most people were very nice.  Not surprisingly, before I was 10 days old, I met a 'vampire' who showed me a few things, helped me get a better look and convinced me I needed a family to really fit in here since I was too shy to involve myself in other ways. Eventually I learned how to search for interests, find clubs, dancing and poseballs for sitting and such.  I still hid myself in trees or under water when I logged out.  I saw all the flopped over 'away' people and figured that is what happened when I logged out and I didn't want to be blocking someone's path.

When I feel like it, I still go to some of the areas teeming with newbs and offer to help.  It is not much, just shopping, unpacking and dancing - just enough to get them going in SL.  My start was really slow because I didn't ask for help, in fact, I didn't even know what I needed help with (I had no idea what was possible)  so now I offer it instead.  Most people in here seem to have some technology background and maybe their learning curve wasn't as big as mine, but I know there are others out there just as clueless as I was.  Come to think of it, I am still mostly clueless about a lot of things - like building, editing items, scripting, but I am getting better slowly.  We self-learners just take a bit more time to figure it out.  I am no better at asking for help now than I was at the beginning.

I don't think I have any pictures from really early because I didn't figure out how to take pictures for months, but if I find one older than a year, I will edit it in here later.

Cinn

Rezzed my first avatar on a help/orientation island in Feb 2010 among a big crowd of fellow newbies and what looked like an overwhelmed handful of help staff, so I didn't even consider asking for help at that time.  The computer I was using then was all around underpowered for SL so it took me quite a while to explore just that island, but as I watched things rez to me it felt like the unwrapping of Christmas presents.  What most intrigued me was the ability to build and customize so I set about customizing myself.  No prim hair was to be found in the freebies and I decided to be unique and go bald, I tried to give him a beard but after trying many combinations of skins and bald caps I gave up on that, and being that everyone else seemed to have the butch giant category pretty well covered I moved my sliders down to what looked more normal to me.  I didn't care for the painted on look of the available clothing at all and soon discovered how I could puff up some of the underlining layers to make it all look less skin tight, I was so proud of myself I failed to notice it made me look lumpy.  To top of the look I got some sunglasses from the freebies, course someone had to tell me to detach the box from my hand then unpack it and wear the glasses.  So when I finally decided I had explored the island enough I took one of the teleports, ended up at Luna where I quickly found out how I stood out as a noob in oversized lumpy clothing who had forgotten his hair.  I could ramble on even longer about the times after that, in short most of the time I have enjoyed myself.

Cinnamon Mistwood wrote:

I am not nearly as 'old' as some of you.  I rezzed in Orientation Island in early 2010.  I had never been in any other online worlds and did not come from any kind of technology back ground.  I had never even chatted in any messengers.  Like most things I try, I just winged it.  I went through a few tutorials, never found any freebie places and was afraid to talk to anybody.  I remember panicking and tp'ing away if anyone did IM me.  I couldn't figure out how everyone else seemed to look so good while I had inflexible non-moving helmet hair.  I tried figuring out editing on my own.  I did eventually figure out how to buy new things and unpack boxes using tutorials, also. 

For a looooong time I just wandered around 'listening' to local chat and trying to figure out if I was brave enough to chime in.  I finally accepted a few IM's and most people were very nice.  Not surprisingly, before I was 10 days old, I met a 'vampire' who showed me a few things, helped me get a better look and convinced me I needed a family to really fit in here since I was too shy to involve myself in other ways. Eventually I learned how to search for interests, find clubs, dancing and poseballs for sitting and such.  I still hid myself in trees or under water when I logged out.  I saw all the flopped over 'away' people and figured that is what happened when I logged out and I didn't want to be blocking someone's path.

When I feel like it, I still go to some of the areas teeming with newbs and offer to help.  It is not much, just shopping, unpacking and dancing - just enough to get them going in SL.  My start was really slow because I didn't ask for help, in fact, I didn't even know what I needed help with (I had no idea what was possible)  so now I offer it instead.  Most people in here seem to have some technology background and maybe their learning curve wasn't as big as mine, but I know there are others out there just as clueless as I was.  Come to think of it, I am still mostly clueless about a lot of things - like building, editing items, scripting, but I am getting better slowly.  We self-learners just take a bit more time to figure it out.  I am no better at asking for help now than I was at the beginning.

I don't think I have any pictures from really early because I didn't figure out how to take pictures for months, but if I find one older than a year, I will edit it in here later.

Cinn

What a great story Cinn!  Like you, I am a self learner.  Besides the few who helped me at first, to unpack, dress, sit, and so forth no one else "taught me"  It too a long long time to be able to create the spacecraft, that I make now.  Maybe it is better that way.  School of hard knocks, so to speak.  One thing I know, is that once I learn something, I don't forget!  LOL!  Thanks for you post Cinn!

Peace!

Knutz Scorpio wrote:

Rezzed my first avatar on a help/orientation island in Feb 2010 among a big crowd of fellow newbies and what looked like an overwhelmed handful of help staff, so I didn't even consider asking for help at that time.  The computer I was using then was all around underpowered for SL so it took me quite a while to explore just that island, but as I watched things rez to me it felt like the unwrapping of Christmas presents.  What most intrigued me was the ability to build and customize so I set about customizing myself.  No prim hair was to be found in the freebies and I decided to be unique and go bald, I tried to give him a beard but after trying many combinations of skins and bald caps I gave up on that, and being that everyone else seemed to have the butch giant category pretty well covered I moved my sliders down to what looked more normal to me.  I didn't care for the painted on look of the available clothing at all and soon discovered how I could puff up some of the underlining layers to make it all look less skin tight, I was so proud of myself I failed to notice it made me look lumpy.  To top of the look I got some sunglasses from the freebies, course someone had to tell me to detach the box from my hand then unpack it and wear the glasses.  So when I finally decided I had explored the island enough I took one of the teleports, ended up at Luna where I quickly found out how I stood out as a noob in oversized lumpy clothing who had forgotten his hair.  I could ramble on even longer about the times after that, in short most of the time I have enjoyed myself.

That is great Knutz!  Took me a few days to get rid of the plastic hair too!  Thanks for the post!

Peace!

• 1 month later...

Well, it was only a few days ago I am still in this stage feeling like a total fool. I never heard of SL untill a galleryowner in SL asked us digital painters on a forum for entry's so I registered with the intention to visit that gallery. But to practise a little bit I went to Lovers Delight not knowing what to expect....  I could'nt move at all and did not know how to get out of there.... So I left myself there.... The next day I managed to get out and a very nice italian guy invited me to the titanic. The poor guy had to wait for more than half an hour for me to get there on the bridge where they are dancing. He asked me several times, where are you ? Well I was under the ship at the bottom of the sea... not able to get out.....a bit later, after I had walked around the whole ship he asked again. and I was standing for an elevator that did not work.... When I finally arrived I could not even follow hin in a straight line to the dancefloor and did not know how to dance, I still don't because nothing happens when I take the ball.....I still stand like a statue.... After I while he took me to a balcony where we would hold hands but I jumped over the railing and landed again on the bottom of the sea.. Ohhhh I felt so embarrased and did not know what to do.... His question again Where are you ? Sorry I did not mean to jump into the ocean..... After some time I discovered that I could fly.... so I flew up and saw him standing on the top deck still waiting.... After some time I managed to land nearby....but could not follow him again so he came back for me time after time....Untill I was finally there... there where a bottle of wine and some roses were waiting for us. But I had to finish  that alone....because it took me too much time so he had to leave........ Isn't that romantic ???

So if you see a blond person making a total fool of herself it is probably me.......And I am still wishing I could learn how to dance.... ;)

Lindavk wrote:

Well, it was only a few days ago I am still in this stage feeling like a total fool. I never heard of SL untill a galleryowner in SL asked us digital painters on a forum for entry's so I registered with the intention to visit that gallery. But to practice a little bit I went to Lovers Delight not knowing what to expect....  I could'nt move at all and did not know how to get out of there.... So I left myself there.... The next day I managed to get out and a very nice italian guy invited me to the titanic. The poor guy had to wait for more than half an hour for me to get there on the bridge where they are dancing. He asked me several times, where are you ? Well I was under the ship at the bottom of the sea... not able to get out.....a bit later, after I had walked around the whole ship he asked again. and I was standing for an elevator that did not work.... When I finally arrived I could not even follow hin in a straight line to the dancefloor and did not know how to dance, I still don't because nothing happens when I take the ball.....I still stand like a statue.... After I while he took me to a balcony where we would hold hands but I jumped over the railing and landed again on the bottom of the sea.. Ohhhh I felt so embarrased and did not know what to do.... His question again Where are you ? Sorry I did not mean to jump into the ocean..... After some time I discovered that I could fly.... so I flew up and saw him standing on the top deck still waiting.... After some time I managed to land nearby....but could not follow him again so he came back for me time after time....Untill I was finally there... there where a bottle of wine and some roses were waiting for us. But I had to finish  that alone....because it took me too much time so he had to leave........ Isn't that romantic ???

So if you see a blond person making a total fool of herself it is probably me.......And I am still wishing I could learn how to dance....
;)

Oh that is a great story.  Don't feel like a fool Lindavk.  We all go through the awkward stage.  It just takes a bit of practice.  Thank you so much for your very interesting story!

Peace!

I had several first moments in SL none of which I really remember. Dunno how long SL has been going but it took me several attempts and several avatars over a few years before I actually 'got' SL. I think I finally got it when I had a major op in RL (99% clear now hurrah) but there wasnt much I could do post op. I hopped into SL with another new avi, met a mate from Guildwars who recognized my name. She bounced me off to a strip club she worked at (which was a sorta house... With nobody in?). Sat on the sofa there for a week talking to her and her mates. Got bored. Left. I think I found a interactive gallery, a RP sim, and cars and a race track! HURRAH! Suddenly it clicked that all these things existed in SL! All sorta things in one online game! 

Owned a theatre for 3 -4 years now. Managed a club for a mate before that. All happy stories scince! ^^

Naiki Muliaina wrote:

I had several first moments in SL none of which I really remember. Dunno how long SL has been going but it took me several attempts and several avatars over a few years before I actually 'got' SL. I think I finally got it when I had a major op in RL (99% clear now hurrah) but there wasnt much I could do post op. I hopped into SL with another new avi, met a mate from Guildwars who recognized my name. She bounced me off to a strip club she worked at (which was a sorta house... With nobody in?). Sat on the sofa there for a week talking to her and her mates. Got bored. Left. I think I found a interactive gallery, a RP sim, and cars and a race track! HURRAH! Suddenly it clicked that all these things existed in SL! All sorta things in one online game! 

Owned a theatre for 3 -4 years now. Managed a club for a mate before that. All happy stories scince! ^^

Great story Naiki!  Thank you for sharing!

Peace!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4207 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.