3FX Animes Don't Work - Vendor Ignoring My NCs

DollAnne Diabolito

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4458 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I recently bought an expensive dance anime package from 3 FX which is a fairly large and well known vendor in SL.  The animes don't work, when you hop on the dance balls you get script errors.

I've sent an NC to the vendor, and an NC to each of his customer service people listed in his profile.  It's been over a week and so far, no response.

Do I have any recourse?

TY

6 answers to this question

Yes, you can start RL legal action against them.

Alternatively and more immediately it may well be possible to repair/replace the scripts, since only the animations themselves are significant.  (That is, the scripts are pretty important for PLAYING the animations in sequence but they will be fairly generic and simple compared to the animations)

• Like 1

LL do not get involved in inter-resident disputes so no, you can't complain to them or look to them for compensation. According to the forum guidelines it's not allowed to name-names here either, so you could even get in trouble for complaining !

Things like this are not rare but it is unusual for animators to default in this way. Similarly anyone who goes to the trouble of appointing and listing customer service staff is usually not likely to be acting fraudulently.

Unfortunately, short of provable fraud there really isn't anything we can do when a merchant doesn't deliver serviceable goods.

Peter, TY for the info. I thought it was pretty weird that such a large, well known merchant, who lists customer service people not only for English but a couple other languages as well, would default like this -- but oh well *shrugs*.

I ended up buying an Intan dance ball, stripping the animes from the original vendor's dance balls and putting them in the intan ball along with a script, they work just fine now, so I guess all is well that ends well.

Eu tambem comprei danças da 3FX e estou tendo o mesmo problema. Acredito que o erro seja no script de sincronização mas o vendedor/fabricante não oferece qualquer suporte. Alguem teria um script de sincronização da 3FX que funcione ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4458 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.