Real-life Witches. A Bewitching Alternative Life-style.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4523 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Wildcat Furse wrote:

Carole Franizzi wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! *EVIL CACKLING*

Serves you right for stealing my man!!!! Just thank your lucky stars I didn't transform you into a badger. They're soooo not sexy.....

Do you want your man back Carole???? ....:matte-motes-big-grin-evil: *meows*

Nah. All covered in cat hairs and with fishy breath? No thanks!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orfeu Miles wrote:

Ancient and venerable is the alter of Freya....Fair are her daughters...wise in the ways of weird are they. Mighty too is Odin...9 days and nights he hung from the tree...pieced by his own spear....wise in rune-knowledge he became. I clothe myself in a cloak of Ravens feathers...I lie in a river submerged to the neck...a heavy stone placed on my chest...Poetry issues forth from my mouth....I sing of my people...our wanderings...our hunts...our victories and defeats...I am a spear for throwing...I am the glint in the eye of a wolf...I am a harp for plucking..I am the thought that dies on the lips, for want of word-cunning.. That is all.

Say what? I mean....Hail, Brother in the Dark Powers, Son of Flurp, Brother of the Night Lord Gonaiid.

PS Where did you google that stuff? Pass us a link in case that real witch comes back.

Orfeu Miles wrote:

Hail Sister. Merry Meet. I am a Stag of Seven Tines...I am the rustle of leaves in a forest of vastness...I am dead but will be rise again....I am the light of a newborn star....I am the Question, and sometimes the Answer. I am a poster in a forum. Blesséd Be.

Heh, you sound like Darkwing Duck!

I have not yet read this entire thread, and perhaps someone else has already outed me, but it is high time to confess than in real life, I am a superhero! 'Tis very true. Some number of years ago, my young daughter declared that I have a superpower, and that it is reading. Who am I to argue with the astute proclamations of a superpower-granting daughter?

They call me: The Battling Bookworm. Perhaps my scholarly sidekick will be along shortly to reveal herself as well, if she has not already done so.

battlingbookworm2.png

Quinn Morani wrote:

I have not yet read this entire thread, and perhaps someone else has already outed me, but it is high time to confess than in real life, I am a superhero! 'Tis very true. Some number of years ago, my young daughter declared that I have a superpower, and that it is reading. Who am I to argue with the astute proclamations of a superpower-granting daughter?

They call me: The Battling Bookworm.
Perhaps my scholarly sidekick will be along shortly to reveal herself as well, if she has not already done so.

Ah, I too did not want to out myself...but seeing you come forth...means I'd better fess-up.  Literacy Lady...here...your sidekick! 

LL_2.png

Good God!!! These revelations get more and more amazing!

So, who precisely does the Battling Bookworm fight? Who is your enemy? Do you have a snazzy car like Batman? Can you fly? How do you change into your superhero costume so quickly? Can anyone become a superhero? Are there slots for those of us with the odd roll of fat? I've found that tight lycra suits do absolutely NOTHING for my figure....

Carole Franizzi wrote:

Oh my Gawd....the deadly duo in my thread.... I am so honoured!!!! I'm almost tempted to use the word "awesome", but unfortunately, I have made a vow never to utter that most abused word of the Englsh language.

Luckily, Literacy Lady can suggest some alternatives to the dreaded and ubiquitous "awesome".   

Try these appropriate appellations Witch Carole: astonishing, awe-inspiring, formidable, impressive, magnificent, striking, or wondrous.

Celestiall Nightfire wrote:

Quinn Morani wrote:

Perhaps my scholarly sidekick will be along shortly to reveal herself as well, if she has not already done so.

Ah, I too did not want to out myself...but seeing you come forth...means I'd better fess-up.  Literacy Lady...here...your sidekick! 

Ahem. I believe that would make you the "Other Sidekick", since the original Sidekick position has already been taken.

BB and Stacks.png

Please do contact me for more details and to get  your supply of Throwable Books.

Very Truly Yours

Stacks

Carole Franizzi wrote:

Oh my Gawd....the deadly duo in my thread.... I am so honoured!!!! I'm almost tempted to use the word "awesome", but unfortunately, I have made a vow never to utter that most abused word of the Englsh language.

Luckily, Literacy Lady can suggest some alternatives to the dreaded and ubiquitous "awesome".   

Try these appropriate appellations Witch Carole: astonishing, awe-inspiring, formidable, impressive, magnificent, striking, or wondrous.

I hear fairies often like to use the word fabulous.  Might that be acceptable as well?

...Dres *could sprinkle it with glitter if you wish*

Carole Franizzi wrote:

The truth is, though the choice of a human old lady might seem very banal to you, to me it’s very exotic. And the reason for this is that I am, incredible but true, a real-life witch!!!

Now I hear some of you say “I always said she was a right witch”, but for some of you, this news might come as a bit of a surprise. Hard to believe even, as real-life witches are not something you come across every day. To you, doubting Thomases I say – do not be sceptical – open your minds – for there are more things under heaven and earth than a bird in the bush.

I've always lived / worked in or near University towns - where "you kinda folks" are a dime a dozen.

Wiccans - usually converted hippies. Tend to be very left leaning. Name their kids funny things like Moonbeam and Sunshine just like those hippies did.

/shakes claw "Darn hippies, get offa my... oh wait... I'm sorta hippie-ish too."

SL is full of people of many different types and religions.

They've even got those weird Rastafarians. Darn rastas... get offa my... oops, that's me.

Though your post looks so tongue in cheek, easpecially with the cow and cat references, that I'm suspecting you're not actually a Wiccan, just forum playing - but then the humor could be the forum play. 

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

I'm suspecting you're not actually a Wiccan, just forum playing - but then the humor could be the forum play. 

"Wicca" is more or less a 20th century Neopagan reconstruction, invented rather whole cloth by Gerald Gardner, Aleister Crowley and others after them. If, as she claims in post #17, Carole is a direct linear descendant of traditional Sean Ciall adepts who somehow managed to escape the Highlands clearings, or even of the Old Ways revivalist movement from the 1700s, then she may not care to label herself as "Wiccan." If she is what she claims, and I have no reason to doubt her, since humor in no way precludes the fact, then she is a true hereditary Witch. But she should speak to this herself.

My mother makes no claims that the Witchcraft she practices is anything much more than reconstructionist. She has made serious study of the ethnographic literature concerning Western European Paganism and tries to be as historically authentic as she can be, but she will readily admit that much of her Craft relies heavily on personal gnosis. There is nothing wrong with this. Modern Wicca is no worse, and no better, than traditionalist Craft survivals, if there are any. Culture, language, religion evolves. When I practice Seiðr do I claim that what I do is the same as, or would be recognized by a Seiðkona of Þjóðhildr & Eiríkr inn rauði's day, let alone by a Sami Shaman of the late Pleistocene? Of course not. This does not make my Craft any less authentic for my day.

Jeanne

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Quinn Morani wrote:

Ahem. I believe that would make you the "Other Sidekick", since the original Sidekick position has already been taken.

BB and Stacks.png

Please do contact me for more details and to get  your supply of Throwable Books.

Very Truly Yours

Stacks

Oh, you must be the old sidekick that's scheduled to be killed off...in the next edition of Books...adventures.  Book, then takes up with me.... : )   (but, don't fret..as I think the writers bring you back from the dead or something...)  

BTW..I have  gun..that shoots books!  ; ) 

JeanneAnne wrote:

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

I'm suspecting you're not actually a Wiccan, just forum playing - but then the humor could be the forum play. 

"Wicca" is more or less a 20th century Neopagan reconstruction, invented rather whole cloth by Gerald Gardner, Aleister Crowley and others after them.

Gardner and many Wiccan writers seemed to claim they were not reconstructionists - "originalists" are often mixed in with reconstructionists though. Its always seemed to be outside media labeling them that way to discredit them. Crowley on the other hand was a freak, and I don't think he had any religion of any sort. I've not seen much influence from Crowley;s writings in any of the modern 'pagan / neo-pagan' groups - but I could be wrong. Seems the only group influenced by him was Anton Levy's.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

JeanneAnne wrote:

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

"Wicca" is more or less a 20th century Neopagan reconstruction, invented rather whole cloth by Gerald Gardner, Aleister Crowley and others after them.

Gardner and many Wiccan writers seemed to claim they were not reconstructionists - "originalists" are often mixed in with reconstructionists though. Its always seemed to be outside media labeling them that way to discredit them. Crowley on the other hand was a freak, and I don't think he had any religion of any sort. I've not seen much influence from Crowley;s writings in any of the modern 'pagan / neo-pagan' groups - but I could be wrong. Seems the only group influenced by him was Anton Levy's.

I've seen great big flame wars over the issues of originalism versus reconstructionism, attestation versus personal gnosis, both online & in the meat world. I don't care to be involved. As ye annoy no one, believe what ye will. 

I like Papa Crowley. Not that I trust him. He was a shyster who I'd trust about as much as I'd trust Loki. His influence on contemporary esotericism has been enormous, which you can be sure was a big hoot to him. Crowley was fun to party with, I'll give him that!

Freyja bless you Pussycat. :matte-motes-smile:

Jeanne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4523 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.