Sign in to follow this  
Smilla Lowey

Direct Debit?

Question

Hi Smilla. As a Premium member, you can start a live chat and explain your problem. Being in Sweden, you don't have access to the toll free numbers but here's the long distance number if you want to give a call and have a faster reply.

https://support.secondlife.com/start-chat/

Long-Distance

Our Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

4 answers to this question

Hi Smilla. As a Premium member, you can start a live chat and explain your problem. Being in Sweden, you don't have access to the toll free numbers but here's the long distance number if you want to give a call and have a faster reply.

https://support.secondlife.com/start-chat/

Long-Distance

Our Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

I once had problems with PayPal and paying Linden Research, which PayPal blamed on Linden Research and Linden Research blamed on PayPal.    

Eventually, and it took a long phone call with PayPal to resolve this, it turned out there's a setting buried away somewhere in PayPal  that limited the total amount ever that Linden Research could take from my account without my authorisation.   From memory, it was My Money=>My PreApproved Payments that I had to adjust, to say they could take out up to a certain amount each month.

Alternatively, at least in the UK, most banks issue Visa or Mastercard Debit cards, so I can enter my Visa Debit card details online, and it functions just as would a Visa credit card but the money comes directly (and immediately) from my bank account.   I'm sure I've bought L$ in the past using that.   Maybe that would be an avenue to explore.

I don't know about how banks work in Sweden but I would think it's similar to how banks work in the United States.  I use a debit card for my premium account and any purchases I might make for buying lindens.  The way I set it up was to treat the debit card as a credit card (use the Credit Card option for your payment method).  Put in the debit card number instead of a credit card number.  Everything I pay Linden Lab comes directly from your checking account just like when I use my debit card at a local retail store or purchasing gasoline for my vehicle.  I've been using this method for a couple years and only had one time when my bank withheld payment to LL for a few days.