Would anyone help a newbie out?

TsukikoGeist

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4545 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You could visit Freebie Heaven, use Search to find it because I forgot the name of the Region it's in, sorry.

Many Inworld store have at least one free Gift, you might try visiting a bunch of Skin/Shape stores. That might be a way to get the latest or near latest look at -0- cost.

I usually send noobs to the Rock for free stuff, but why don't you search the SL Marketplace? Sort by price low-to-high so that the free stuff gets listed first. For the number of items per page, set that to 96 so that you can quickly scroll down and scan close to a 100 items per page.

Jobs don't pay much in SL. Everything is automated and wages are basically at bot levels. You're best off learning how to create and selling your creations. Take a couple of classes at NCI and read a few tutorials.

Another fun way to get free stuff is to do hunts in SL.  It used to be that most of the stuff was, well, not so great.  Now a lot of the merchants have pretty cool items.  You can get skins, hair, clothes, furniture, even houses.  Plus, you get to see a lot of great shops and sims you'll probably want to revisit.  If you do a Google search for Second Life Hunts, you should find a few.  There are usually two or three going on at any given time.  Welcome to SL, Tsukiko!

Why don't you support the economy and purchase some items? There is plenty of price ranges. And, it's not that expensive to buy in SL.  If you do find a free item from a designer, take time to perhaps purchase something else from them. It's nice to remind noobs that there's more to SL than handouts and freebies.

Did you read my post? I have bought §L since 2007. If you want to compare cost of our inventories, we can have a contest.

But the point here is that newbies must find joyful things to do in SL. If they start to customize their avatar, they will soon want better things. It is way too many that quit SL and never come back. 

The OP want to look good and find a job. I am sure that the money most earn in SL, is spent in SL and helps the economy. 

TsukikoGeist wrote:

I heard sometimes people help newbies with items or things like that, I would like to have a job but I want to look better first, so, is anyone willing to help a newbie? or just tell me about free good items? ♥

Do you have an idea of what you are wanting to get?? I'm pretty good at finding great deals hehehehe

You can IM me in world if you like and just give me an idea of what you are looking for and i will hit my resources..

I'm sure with that and the help the others are offering we can get you looking *POW*!!! in no time at all lol

I won't be on today..But i am on in the AM hours on sl starting around 6am SL time to about 1pm..

Have a great day and welcome to SL =)

Marianne Little wrote:

Did you read my post? I have bought §L since 2007. If you want to compare cost of our inventories, we can have a contest.

But the point here is that newbies must find joyful things to do in SL. If they start to customize their avatar, they will soon want better things. It is way too many that quit SL and never come back. 

The OP want to look good and find a job. I am sure that the money most earn in SL, is spent in SL and helps the economy. 

I agree totally..

we have to let them find thier nitch to where they begin to love being here..help when they have questions..

in time they will learn there is soo much more to SL than what they are seeing now..

they may become one of the top creators that everyone must have their stuff because they came up with something that nobody else has yet..then they will contribute like gangbusters hehehehe

we were all new at one time and didn't know squat or have a pot..some forget this it seems..

they will find their way and become part of the community in time... if we don't bum rush them making them want to run away..

Don't forget to just go shopping, too. Many stores offer great freebies, usually high-quality ones. Don't miss those. Some that come to mind:

Apple May Designs has a whole room of freebies for new people, upstairs.

Tokyo Girl has tons of freebies for group members and they're always giving away nice things on their MM boards.

Grumble often has lots of gift certificates they give away, ranging in value from 25L to 1000L. The whole place is covered with MM boards and various giveaway enticements. It's a great place for new people to start and load up on stuff.

Ducknipple has a room of free and low priced items.

If you look around and are willing to store hop - Sounds like fun to me. - you could probably put together a whole wardrobe of quality freebies just from the stores in SL.

Exile has a hair wall of 3 male and 6 female hairs which come in every color. Just look to the right as you go in.

Mother Goose's has a wall of lucky boards that change often and offer male and female skins. They also have a corner of stuff for 1 Linden. (I can never find them in search, though.)

Long Awkward Pose has, I think, a free basic AO for newbies? And I think Vista has a male and female AO for 1 Linden each. Just look carefully until you find that 1 Linden one.

Drama Zone has some interesting dollarbies on an upstairs shelf.

Tooter Claxton has a lot of fun freebies in his shop.

Miss Murder or Mr Murder has free skins/shapes. 

Also look up various freebie blogs. Those will be current. And there are about a bazilliondy hunts going on at any one time in Second Life with more freebies.

Newbies are actually spoiled for choice on free stuff. It's just finding it that's the problem.

ETA: I meant the OTHER Left.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4545 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.