callansm

Participants needed for University Study on Interpersonal Relationships on Second Life

Thanks Selene. I've met researchers here who started 12 years ago and are still going. Worst case, I get to "meet" people who are interested in posts about SL research. Another reason I posted is that after I joined, I learned the was a McMaster University, where they were from, that has a Veritas Foundation or Forum. The synchronicity was too much to pass up. Who is doing research here now, do you know? Besides OsanGar and me  at Sex ReSearch Clinic. 

28 minutes ago, VeritasMcMaster said:

Thanks Selene. I've met researchers here who started 12 years ago and are still going. Worst case, I get to "meet" people who are interested in posts about SL research. Another reason I posted is that after I joined, I learned the was a McMaster University, where they were from, that has a Veritas Foundation or Forum. The synchronicity was too much to pass up. Who is doing research here now, do you know? Besides OsanGar and me  at Sex ReSearch Clinic. 

I don't participate so I don't know. I met my RL other half of almost 20 years in a different VW, not SL, so I don't qualify for the SL research.

• Like 1

Most people who do "research" in Second Life are students. They used to come in more regularly and they do these days. There where times on this forum, where you could expect at least a couple of posts, because the end of the semester was coming closer, lol. Then they do their thing (or not, because the people on the forum point out the (often plenty) flaws in their research and then they are gone, because its just to get a grade and not because its their job or passion. The students are usually also not residents themself, they read about SL once and just join for their research and then leave, because they never had an original interest in being here as a user.

• Like 1

Thanks Syo, and agree that is one group. There are others - a number of scientists here who have been doing research in SL for a long time. We are new to the field but RL very accomplished bringing those resources to our work in SL. Have you heard of Igor Pantic, MD, PhD? Google him. I want us to be the Igor Pantic of SL. Our pilot study is done; we are working on IRB approval and have a number of other research topics..

If there is anyone here who likes designing studies, the BDSM assessment that is widely used here is horribly drawn. I'd love to see someone do one right and would be happy to give feedback and oversight.

22 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I don't participate so I don't know. I met my RL other half of almost 20 years in a different VW, not SL, so I don't qualify for the SL research.

hmmm, sounds like only SL research you would not qualify for would be only for those who met mate in SL. There are tons of research questions and theories.

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

They aren't going to be around. They do their research and then they are gone.

Not everybody leaves. The McMasters Institute for the Advancement of Harmless Flirtation is now in its twelfth year of continuous research, which continues to expose an underlying basic truth...

We're all nuts.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Not everybody leaves. The McMasters Institute for the Advancement of Harmless Flirtation is now in its twelfth year of continuous research, which continues to expose an underlying basic truth...

We're all nuts.

There are always exceptions to the rule and since you don't follow the rules, you're always an exception. Even if you are a stabby little, little stabby.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, VeritasMcMaster said:

hmmm, sounds like only SL research you would not qualify for would be only for those who met mate in SL. There are tons of research questions and theories.

Trust me, they don't want me.

• Like 1